Tool height probe issue.

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Tool height probe issue.

Postby Preb1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:27 pm

New user here. Migrating from Mach3.
Using original breakout boards (2 off) connected to UC300ETH. Got everything working except tool height probe which I am having trouble with. Tried originally to copy my Mach3 profile to UCCNC but could not get it to load.
Anyway, single wire coming from pin 10 on board 2 to height probe as it was in Mach3. Configured the pin in UCCNC etc but software doesn't see it. Tried active low,high etc but cannot get it to show on diagnostics page. Tried different pins etc.
I'm assuming it does just go to ground as I have it wired. Can anyone help me please.
Thanks
Paul
Preb1

Re: Tool height probe issue.

Postby cncdrive » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:34 pm

Do you see the pin changing state on the Diagnostics page when you triggering and untriggering the probe?
If not then it will be a physical signal issue.
Try to trigger the pin on the UC300ETH input directly with connecting the input pin to ground (pins 18 to 25. in the IDC26 connector or DSUB26 connector depending on what cable you using).
If the input triggers this way, but does not with the probe then it is an electric problem on the breakout board or with the probe, but if you made this test you can go on from there with measuring...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Preb1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:45 pm

Thanks for the reply.
There is no pin changing state on the diagnostics page.
If I connect bobs back to mach3 the tool probe works fine so as you say it must be a signal issue.
Do you mean a physical wire from probe to ground pins in idc26 connector?
Cheers
Paul
Preb1

Postby cncdrive » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:55 pm

The question is: Your mach3 setup also ran with the UC300ETH? Or it ran with something else? E.g. with a parallel port?
If it ran with the same UC300ETH setup then I do not really know what the problem is,
but if it ran on something else then the issue is sure electrical if the signal do not even show up in the UCCNC.

Try to do the test I've mentioned and then if you see the signal when triggered directly on the UC300ETH pins then measure things out with the BOB connected.
It is possible that the BOB does not trigger the UC300ETH input pin properly, e.g. the optocoupler is not driven out completely and the output transistor of the opto does not reach the TTL trigger level.
Measure things out. Check the voltage on the input pin of the UC300ETH when the probe is triggering and when it is not.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software