M98 issue

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

M98 issue

Postby Alberto FUL » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:01 pm

I need conditional jump in my G-code so I'm using M98 together with some checkboxes.
If checkbox is ON #600=1, else #600=0
In my G-code:
M98 P1001 L#100
This is not working.

So I'm trying another soultion with macro:

Code: Select all
// M600 JUMP TO SUBPR0GRAM 1001
double var600 = exec.Getvar(600);

if (var600==1)
{
exec.Code("M98 P1001 L1");
}

Only If this macro is called via MDI it jumps to the specified sub-prog otherwise is ignored.

Any suggestion ?
Alberto FUL

Re: M98 issue

Postby Alberto FUL » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:00 am

Thanks for help but still having problems:
I have a check box in my screen so I can decide to jump or not to sub-prog.
The check box works fine, I mean When I check it var #600 goes 1, otherwise is 0.
I see the var changing in the diagnostic plugin.
But when I use soemthing like this:
M98 P1 L#600
the software does not recognize the var has changed; the system udates the vars only when I reload the G-code.
I mean: if my checkbox is TRUE (so #600=1) and reload the G-code then it jumps to sub-prog.
Then I switch the checkbox to FALSE (so #600=0) but not reloaded the G-code, it jumps to sub-prog again.
Once the G-code is reloaded then everything works fine.
Am I missing something ? Maybe something to refresh the value of vars ?
Alberto FUL

Postby cncdrive » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:01 pm

I have just checked this and there is really an issue about how this works in the UCCNC now.
If L is 0 then the code is not even interpreted, because there is no M98 call happens then as the number of calls is set to 0.
And when L is not 0 then the code is interpreted and subroutine is called L times.
The problem is that if the L variable changes to 0 then it will still run 1 time now, because 0 time is not allowed in the interpreter.
So, this is a problem in how the UCCNC is now handling this case.
We will fix this in the next release, will change the interpreter to interpret L=0 value also and will move the handling of the L=0 value case to the executer.
So, I'm sorry, but now this will not work unfortunately as you want it to work, but it will in the next release.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:30 pm

Hi Terry,

I don't know how the OP is updating the var, but it is not too important now, the important is that the var was updated.
For the tests I made now I wrote a simple macroloop which reads the checkbox and sets the # var to 0 or to 1 depending on if the checkbox was ticked in or not.

The problem now is that when L is 0, is defined with a var e.g. L#1 when #1 == 0 then the interpreter sees that the value of the L is 0 and so it does not even interpret the M98 code which is the problem now.
So, when the #1 and so the L was 0 when the g-code was loaded then the code was not interpreted, so the user changes the #1 var to other than 0 will still not enter the subroutine, because the M98 line was not interpreted on loading.
How I will change this is that the interpreter will interpret also when the L parameter is 0, but when it is 0 it will not enter the sub and this will be handled in runtime in the executer.
So, the overal working will be the same as now after the fix, but the L parameter when it is defined with a #var then it can be set to 0 and from 0 to other value also on the fly which is not working properly now.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Alberto FUL » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:44 am

Hello Balasz,
In the meanwhile pls check strange behavior of M98 combined with M1.
If there's an M1 in between the Oxx and M99 the sub-prog is executed twice instead of once, and stack error is generated.
Thanks
Alberto FUL

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software