5-Axis post processor needed

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: 5-Axis post processor needed

Postby Chaz » Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:26 pm

Precision Composites wrote:
Chaz wrote:n it rotates and impacts the Y distances....were you able to solve this? In your code changes recommended above, is this in the default UCCNC Post Processor?

Hi Chaz,

I got another UCCNC modded PP that someone had done using a table/table setup. I made the appropriate changes to it, but with the current B/C offset I have, it's a nightmare and seems too slow. Once I redo my whole Z section on the machine with my new design, I'll no longer have the offset. I may switch over to RosettaCNC's motion controller for this machine and reuse the UCCNC controller for my smaller 3 axis.

Thanks. I've been trying to talk to the Rosetta team too but no joy and assuming Italy is closed for business in August. Any idea on what the Rosetta 6 costs?

Could you share your PP please? I'm happy to share the Mazak modded one that seems to be working for me but now I have no longer got access to the Fusion trial, lost so much time faultfinding.
Chaz

Postby Precision Composites » Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:03 am

Chaz wrote:
Precision Composites wrote:
Chaz wrote:n it rotates and impacts the Y distances....were you able to solve this? In your code changes recommended above, is this in the default UCCNC Post Processor?

Hi Chaz,

I got another UCCNC modded PP that someone had done using a table/table setup. I made the appropriate changes to it, but with the current B/C offset I have, it's a nightmare and seems too slow. Once I redo my whole Z section on the machine with my new design, I'll no longer have the offset. I may switch over to RosettaCNC's motion controller for this machine and reuse the UCCNC controller for my smaller 3 axis.

Thanks. I've been trying to talk to the Rosetta team too but no joy and assuming Italy is closed for business in August. Any idea on what the Rosetta 6 costs?

Could you share your PP please? I'm happy to share the Mazak modded one that seems to be working for me but now I have no longer got access to the Fusion trial, lost so much time faultfinding.

The base controller runs $1316 US (April 2024), but you'll want to add on options to the controller configuration.
Email Laura Marana: contact@rosettacnc.com
Precision Composites

Postby Cormat » Thu Aug 15, 2024 10:05 am

Hello

The company Promax Srl have controller with RTCP
Cormat

Postby Chaz » Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:47 am

Thanks. Ive contacted them since and discussing. I might pull the trigger on one of these. Fairly impressed with what I've seen thus far.
Chaz

Previous

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software