Safety Features

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: Safety Features

Postby spumco » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:30 am

I would like a message box to require confirmation before I crash the mill or plow an end mill in to a fixture.

A description of the crash before I select "OK" would also be nice, but not a requirement. :)

Seriously, I'd really like the "run from here" to use machine coordinate Z0 as the start point. As it is, each program requires a different safe Z height depending on the part height.

That, or I still don't understand how the run from here function actually works.
spumco

Postby Derek » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:49 am

spumco wrote:I would like a message box to require confirmation before I crash the mill or plow an end mill in to a fixture.

A description of the crash before I select "OK" would also be nice, but not a requirement. :)

Seriously, I'd really like the "run from here" to use machine coordinate Z0 as the start point. As it is, each program requires a different safe Z height depending on the part height.

That, or I still don't understand how the run from here function actually works.

I find that jogging the Z all the way up before doing run from here keeps the Z axis at that height until it completes it's X Y move.
Derek

Postby beefy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:21 pm

spumco wrote:I'd really like the "run from here" to use machine coordinate Z0 as the start point. As it is, each program requires a different safe Z height depending on the part height.

Not specifically Z0 (with plasma, that's top of plate :o ), but a user definable Z height. At present the move to the restart position is done at Safe Z height (whatever that's set to in UCCNC), so if for some reason safe Z was not high enough for this move, a user definable setting in the Preparatory Move popup box would be needed.

There's also a tick box option in the pop up box to do the move to the restart position at rapid speed.
beefy

Postby ger21 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:38 pm

A safety feature to prevent UCCNC from running IF teh machine is not powered up and IF you shut down UCCNC then it kills power to teh machine.

Charge Pump already does this.

Door Safety to prevent Gcode from running if door is open If cycle has not started teh message teh user IF cycle has started then bring machine to a stop and prevent any more gcode from running. Closing teh door restarts Gcode.

Assign the switch to the Feedhold?
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby ger21 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:56 pm

My charge pump goes to a relay, which handles the safety circuit of a safety relay. If the charge pump drops out, the power gets killed.

And the machine can't be powered up without the charge pump.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software