Enroute Post Processor

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Enroute Post Processor

Postby bhdavis » Fri Aug 23, 2024 4:08 pm

I did a lot of experimentation with various post processors in Enroute software to find one that matched up nicely with UCCNC. Oddly enough I found the best match was WinCNC softwares Wincnc17 files. I say it was an odd result because I ran WinCNC on my company router for 20+ years before selling the business and retiring.

Due to those many years of using the software I got to know the original owner, and subsequent 2nd owner of WinCNC quite well and stay in touch even now. Between that association and the help of the tech folks at Enroute I've come up with a really good modified Wincnc17 post processor for UCCNC. It really didn't require many changes; more like just a few minor tweaks to smooth a few things out a bit.

The tech folks at Enroute are just now finishing up what I think will be the last minor edit of the post processor and should have it to me early next week.

I'm happy to share this with anyone who is using Enroute with UCCNC.

I can post it here if there is a place and/or put it up on my website for download. I'll check back in here once I have received the final version and know its working as it should.

BH
bhdavis

Re: Enroute Post Processor

Postby bhdavis » Wed Aug 28, 2024 7:34 pm

Post processor has arrived and seems to be working just as it should.

You can download the files at:

https://www.bhdavis.net/downloads/Enroute_UCCNC/

Place the files as follows:

UCCNC.pst in the Enroute nDrivers directory.
UCCNC.cnf in the Enroute NDrivers director.

cncctrl.ini in the Windows root director (C:\Windows)

You don't need to make any adjustments to UCCNC.pst or UCCNC.cnf although UCCNC.cnf is a text file you can review and edit after making a backup copy.

However you can do a lot of custom settings with cncctrl.ini. There are 4 custom start lines and 4 custom end lines you can add G-code to as you need. You can also enter a G4 P# dwell command to pause for the spindle to come up to speed by adding a number after the "Spinup=" parameter. Using a 3 is a good place to start.

BH
bhdavis

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software