Touchscreen All-In-One Computer

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Touchscreen All-In-One Computer

Postby allensbad » Wed May 29, 2024 5:50 pm

Hi All,
I'm just switching from Mach 3 with a generic controller to UCCNC with an AXBBE and I was wanting to set it up using a touchscreen all-in-one computer.
It will be used on a DIY 48" x 48" hobby router.

I've been looking on eBay and it looks like I can get something for under $300, I like the Dell OptiPlex as we use them at work and they seem to be very reliable, however I'm open to suggestions.
The one thing I'm not sure is the size, these things seem to be between 20" and 27" and that seems a bit big hanging off the side of my CNC router, any comments or suggestions?

Lastly most of them are Windows 10 or 11, I know there is a lot of junk running on those operating systems so is it stable to use for UCCNC?

Many years ago I had a digital audio workstation for multitrack recording that was running on a very modified, slimmed down version of Windows NT 4, it was very solid and reliable.
Does anyone know if that's available or even needed for Windows 10, 11?

Thanks
Allen
allensbad

Re: Touchscreen All-In-One Computer

Postby arturod » Thu May 30, 2024 1:27 pm

Check this out:
https://cnc4pc.com/touch-screen-cnc-console.html

I think that you are looking for Windows 11 IoT or LTSC. You can download it and play with it. Licensing is a bit expensive and complicated. There are also versions of mini windows that you could download and install legally, but I do not have experience with that.

Arturo Duncan
https://cnc4pc.com
arturod

Postby mariahcarey » Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:21 am

If you're looking for an even more compact solution, you could consider using a tablet with the UCCNC software and AXBBE controller.
mariahcarey

Postby taylorcurran » Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:12 am

allensbad wrote:Hi All,
I'm just switching from Mach 3 with a generic controller to UCCNC with an AXBBE and I was wanting to set it up using a touchscreen all-in-one computer.
It will be used on a DIY 48" x 48" hobby router. iq test

I've been looking on eBay and it looks like I can get something for under $300, I like the Dell OptiPlex as we use them at work and they seem to be very reliable, however I'm open to suggestions.
The one thing I'm not sure is the size, these things seem to be between 20" and 27" and that seems a bit big hanging off the side of my CNC router, any comments or suggestions?

Lastly most of them are Windows 10 or 11, I know there is a lot of junk running on those operating systems so is it stable to use for UCCNC?

Many years ago I had a digital audio workstation for multitrack recording that was running on a very modified, slimmed down version of Windows NT 4, it was very solid and reliable.
Does anyone know if that's available or even needed for Windows 10, 11?

Thanks
Allen

Regarding the size, you're correct that the standard 20-27 inch desktop PCs may be too large for your CNC router setup. The smaller form factor options I've suggested, such as the Dell OptiPlex Micro, HP ProDesk Micro, or Intel NUC, should be a better fit and not protrude too far from the CNC router.
taylorcurran

Postby alkalifizz » Mon Aug 26, 2024 4:16 am

As for stability, Windows 10 or 11 should work fine for UCCNC, especially if you remove unnecessary background processes. While there's no direct equivalent to the slimmed-down version of Windows NT, optimizing your Windows environment by disabling non-essential services can help maintain stability.
alkalifizz

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software