Input board for UC-300 + 5LPT

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

Input board for UC-300 + 5LPT

Postby Derek » Fri May 26, 2017 7:31 pm

Looking for a opto isolated input board to use with port 4 on the 5LPT. Really only interested in one that someone is using since, as I well know, a lot of this stuff does not work as advertised or work with the UC-300.

Running multiple HDBB2's is a good solution for LPT1 and LPT2 but thats still lacking in inputs.

Thanks
Derek
Derek

Re: Input board for UC-300 + 5LPT

Postby mrprecise » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:04 am

An excellent board for the UC300 is the C10 made by CNC4PC. I am using two of the older boards with Chips and other electronic components, but the newer generation has surface mount which is much better It can be jumper configured for several different requirements; pins 2-9 can be input or output, and the common pins can be pull-up or pull-down. Very well made, and have been around for many years.
mrprecise

Re: Input board for UC-300 + 5LPT

Postby mrprecise » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:21 am

I use the C10 board made by CNC4PC. It is well made, been around for years, has simply changed input/output pin settings, and has led's showing operation.
Using 2 of them on a Mach3 machine with a UC300-5LPT machine, and 1 of them on a UCCNC licensed software machine with a UC300-5LPT for pushbuttons on the front panel for Cycle Start, Feedhold, Stop, and Reset. Very reliable from a top level supplier of CNC hardware.

I will use them on my next machine build, with UCCNC software, probably an Ethernet machine in order to uiilize the new encoder function for spindle sync with Z axis on a Lathe build.
John
mrprecise

Return to Hardware