Probe pin not changing state (UC400ETH + Mach3)

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

Probe pin not changing state (UC400ETH + Mach3)

Postby ovisopa » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:41 pm

Hello guys,

I just received the UC400ETH controller this weekend, installation was very easy so far, after carrefully checking the movement of the motors (I have 2 motors on each Y and Z axis), I than tested the limit switches mounted in series, 3 for one side (X, Y master, Z master) and 2 for the other side (Y slave, Z slave) , everything worked as before, but when I started to mill a part I forgot to test the Z probe, and hit the button to touch the probe, it touched it but it didn't stop, lucky me it was just a 3mm endmill, which broke right away...

I checked the cable, everything is fine, it's mounted in PIN 13 in the BOB, and you can see the screenshots attached.

Any ideea what I can change to make it work ?

Thank you.

PS. When I touch the probe plate to the spindle or endmill mounted in spindle , no "led" lights UP, not in UC400ETH in/out monitoring and not in the probing screen in Mach3
Attachments
error shown after braking endmill and me pressing Estop xs.jpg
port and pin1.jpg
monitor pins.jpg
ovisopa

Re: Probe pin not changing state (UC400ETH + Mach3)

Postby cncdrive » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:29 pm

Sounds like a possible electric problem.
Could you please try to disconnect the UC400ETH from the controller and open up the UC400ETH I/O monitor in mach3 and trigger the input pin manually which you using for the probing.
What you should test is if the pin triggers and if the probe triggers if you directly pulling the input pin to ground.
Ground pins are pins 18. to 25. in the DSUB25 connectors if you using an IDC26 to DSUB25 cable.
So, try to connect the pin 13. to any of the pins 18 to 25. and see if the virtual LEd changes state on the I/O monitor,
and if it does then try to probe and again trigger the input pin the same way.
If it is working then the issue is not with the UC400ETH, but an electric problem somewhere in the BOB or the probe etc.

Or if the input does not trigger this way then the issue is software and if this is the case then please come back to us and post the following informations:

1.) your Mach3 .xml settings file.
2.) your mach3 version number.
3.) your UC400ETH plugin version number.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: Probe pin not changing state (UC400ETH + Mach3)

Postby ovisopa » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:12 pm

I have tried the first suggestion, connecting any ground PIN (24 in my case) to pin 13, and it works, the CONTACT led in the probing screenset lights up, so on the hardware part of the UC400ETH everything is ok.

UC400ETH pinout.jpg

I tried to think what changed since I mounted the UC400ETH controller, and the only "hardware" thing was that I don't have an parallel cable from my BOB to my PC, this way I noticed that my BOB didn;t had any wire connecting it's GND pin to my CNC router GND, before I think the GND connection was made through the paralel cable -> PC -> power source cable which had the same GND as all my devices.

So I connected a wire from the GND of the BOB to the vertical GND bar I installed in my electronics box, as you can see in the attached pic.

drivers and sources xs.jpg

This thread can be marked as SOLVED :)

Thank you.
ovisopa

Return to Hardware