Axiom AR16/Hust controller replacement

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

Axiom AR16/Hust controller replacement

Postby MiPilot » Thu May 23, 2024 4:01 pm

A little background….I bought a Axiom AR16 Elite cnc router with a Hust controller that had been sitting for 3+ years. When I powered it up it was apparent it had lost its programming. I sent the board into Axiom to reflash. When I reinstalled and powered it up it worked fine with a couple of small issues that I worked through. However, within a couple of days, it froze up when I was using it. I recycled the power and the pendant flashed on/off a couple of times and then went dead. After calling Axiom, they stated they were having the same issue until the cmos battery took a charge. At this point they are considering the board is dead.

So, here is my question.

Is the AXBB-E a good choice to replace the Hust system with?

Here is what I have for servo’s and drives:
Teco L510s vfd with a 2.2Kw spindle.
Shihlin SDE 400w servos with 22bit encoders
Delta controller for a 4th axis rotary.
Can I reuse these items?
Am I better off with a UC300ETH-5 with a breakout board?

My background includes 35yrs as a Master Electrician with a fair amount of A-B PLC experience.

BTW, I opened up the Hust and the onboard battery was low at 2.1v. I had to order a new battery as its soldered direct with tabs. It will be here Tuesday. Even if it works, I really want a stable and dependable machine.

Thanks, Steve
MiPilot

Re: Axiom AR16/Hust controller replacement

Postby arturod » Fri May 24, 2024 10:58 am

Swapping the Richauto for the AXBB is very simple, most of the wiring will remain intact.

You could go with the UC300ETH/LPT5 or other motherboards If you need to do further customizations or add features on which you need the extra I/Os and functions.

Arturo Duncan
https://cnc4pc.com
arturod

Return to Hardware