3D probe connection to UCBB breakout board

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

3D probe connection to UCBB breakout board

Postby 4hobby » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:07 am

Hi every one

Some time ago I purchased a 3D probe model TP06 V6 and now I would like to connect it to my UC300ETH ethernet motion controller + UCBB dual port breakout board

3d_probe.PNG

probe wires:
connection.PNG

UCBB ports:

schemat.PNG

Since I do not want to damage the probe or the ports on the UCBB, I would like to know how to connect this probe to the UCBB. So if some one alredy using such a probe can confirm if this is correct way to connect it to UCBB board ? :

I assume that this is NO probe :

schemat1.PNG
4hobby

Re: 3D probe connection to UCBB breakout board

Postby cncdrive » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:49 pm

Yes, you can connect your probe like on your drawing.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby 4hobby » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:46 am

thank you for confirming that
4hobby

Postby 4hobby » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:28 pm

So I connected that probe and checked on diagnostic screen if it works and all is fine but when I selected probe screen let say option simple probe or any other type of probing in X and Y and clicked on PROBE button none of axises ( X or Y or Z) moves. Is there something that I missed in UCCNC configuration ?

M31 script is a default one as when I was connecting first probe UCCNC support said that this script will work at least for tool lenght measuring.
4hobby

Postby 4hobby » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:12 pm

4hobby

Postby 4hobby » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:25 pm

REALY for a week no replay from UCCNC support even over an email with that problem? Only auto responce replay email?

You got a nice software and a good control board but support is a bit no resonsable even over emails.

From the other hand ones someone form UCCNC will respond at least the problem will be solved quickly like with my previous questions about VFD or MPG pedant.
4hobby

Postby dezsoe » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:16 am

Hi Michal,

Sorry, I try to do my best to reply everyone.

First of all, the probe screen works using the Probing.dll, while the Probe button calls the M31 macro. Anything you set on the probe screen will be used if you press the "Start probing" button, the M31 macro is independent.

If you want to use the probe screen then the first you have to do is to set some values that are needed. Here is a list of the required settings for a milling machine:
1. setup page
- set the Safe Z coordinate in machine coords
- turn on Greater Z is safer in G17. This tells the probing that it has to move the Z up
2. any probe page
- set the Fast and Fine feed values. Normally, the probe screens probes twice: first using the fast feed and second the fine feed. Fast feed depends on the type of your probe and your acceleration settings: the probing axis has to decelerate without damaging the probe or the workpiece, but if you select too slow then the probe will take a long time. For the Fine feed the slower it moves the more accurate result you get. (E.g.: I use 200 mm/min for fast and 25 mm/min for fine feed)
- set the Fine distance. When a fast (first) probe is successful then the axis retracts this distance to take the fine (second) probe. Normally 1 mm is perfect

When you select a probe mode then on the button the big dot is the starting point. There is also an info line where you can read what will happen if you press the Start probing button.

To do a simple probe you'll need to select an axis and to set the P1 value. As you can see on the Simple probe button it will start probing to maximum the P1 value. This means that if you want to probe in Z downwards then you need to set a negative P1 to move down. E.g.: if you have P1 set to -30 then you have to stay less then 30 mm away from the target, because it will search for contact in -30 mm.

Now must work.
dezsoe

Postby 4hobby » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:43 am

I think all what you wrote is set I also set a separate settings for this probe and all G17 18 19 are also turn on and after i press PROBE X Y or Z is not moving at all I will try to make a video and screenshots from probe settings and send it to your email today when I will be at the workshop.
4hobby

Return to Hardware