UCCNC 300ETH and JMC Servos / not working

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

Re: UCCNC 300ETH and JMC Servos / not working

Postby cncdrive » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:53 pm

I would check the connections, maybe it is incorrect or maybe it is connected up in reverse or to wrong pins etc.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby kucharzb » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:39 pm

well... I think I checked that and the cabling seems to be ok. Is there anything else I could try? This is really frustrating I must say... Any ideas what can I test?
kucharzb

Postby kucharzb » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:46 pm

OK - I organised standard stepper motor with a separate driver and it works normally - signals coming from the Board are fine. So clearly there is some problem with Servos... :( will try to diagnose them, but for now I just bought closed loop steppers as replacement to get the maschine running. Maybe in the future I will upgrade to servos again. Thanks for helping!
kucharzb

Postby A_Camera » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:41 am

kucharzb wrote:OK - I organised standard stepper motor with a separate driver and it works normally - signals coming from the Board are fine. So clearly there is some problem with Servos... :( will try to diagnose them, but for now I just bought closed loop steppers as replacement to get the maschine running. Maybe in the future I will upgrade to servos again. Thanks for helping!

Maybe it's just a configuration issue. Have you tried to check the servo parameters?
A_Camera

Postby kucharzb » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:44 pm

I tried to check, but I get no communication with the motors... and I already found some damaged parts on the PCB / so there must have been some issue with them.
kucharzb

Postby A_Camera » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:04 am

kucharzb wrote:OK - something is not right I think...

This is what STEP signal looks like after connecting servo...
with motor.jpg

With DIR is even worse, since I can't even measure it with oscilloscope - something changes when I move the axis, but it is so low that it is on the level of noise floor...

What could that suggest?

1. Your scope trigger level is set too high.
2. What is the distance between the BOB and the servo?
3. What sort of cable are you using between the BOB and the servo? You seem to have a lot of noise.
4. Have you tried to connect the servo to a PC and analyse the servo configuration parameters? Perhaps the servo is not properly configured. You can download the software from here: https://www.jmc-motor.com/oftware.html
5. Have you checked the DIP switches? How are they set up?
A_Camera

Previous

Return to Hardware