UCCNC 300ETH and RS485 Modbus Network problem

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

UCCNC 300ETH and RS485 Modbus Network problem

Postby kucharzb » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:59 pm

Hello,

I am still fighting with the following problem: UCCNC 300ETH and Modbus RS485 Network converter on the same network (router).

The following happens - I am having green communication in the Modbus Plugin (the parameters are changing constantly on the screnn, everything is ok), UCCNC is able to change the parameters of the Inverter - however as soon, as I click on the Spindle Start the communication stops: 1) the spindle starts, but 2) the numbers stop changing in the plugin and you can see that the transmission was stopped. I am then only able to stop the inverter manually. Sometimes similar thing happens also when I activate some relay from UCCNC software.

I tried to move the cables away and so on / this didnt change anything. I tried different converter RS485 to Ethernet / also no effect. Somehow I have the impression that UCCNC "overloads' the network and block other communication on it. Before I was using the simple switch and it wasnt really working together at all. With router it is better, but still not perfect.

UPDATE: The communication also stops, when I am not touching the software. It just works for some time, then suddenly stops (numbers stop changing in the Modbus plugin, but it stays green).

I can upload the video if someone would like to have a look.

Can anybody share some ideas/suggestions? Maybe somebody was having similar problem. I am using Mikrotik AC Lite as a router.

thanks!
kucharzb

Re: UCCNC 300ETH and RS485 Modbus Network problem

Postby dezsoe » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:55 pm

Please, upload your profile and also, that video may help to find out something.
dezsoe

Postby fixebr » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:09 pm

Hey kucharzb. Is the cable from the VFD to the spindle shielded? Is there a ground connection, and is the cable screen connected to it?
There may also be interference from the VFD on the ethernet cable. Try changing them to cat6 (they have shield).
My English is bad, so you're reading machine translation results. Alas.
fixebr

Postby kucharzb » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:53 pm

Here is my profile.

I turned off the macro which was running in background (it is however also attached) and still it happens that after few seconds, minute / the communication just stops...

And here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eIarAwlsE4

Also strange thing is - that using this macro and settings (at least I didnt change anything), it was already working perfectly... So either I had to accidentally change something, or I have no idea :)
Attachments
M20002.txt
(6.4 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Default.pro
(38 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
kucharzb

Postby dezsoe » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:47 pm

Thanks! The last 7 seconds of the video is the most interesting part. There is a message from an exception that I have to investigate and I have no idea how it got there...
dezsoe

Return to Hardware