AXBBE vs UC300eth

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

AXBBE vs UC300eth

Postby Archy » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:52 am

Hi, Was curious if people felt axbbe was limited on I/O, not sure whether to go Axbbe or eth300.

I'd like future upgrade ability - 3axis CNC router + 4th rotary axis, maybe ATC one day, coolant, spindle/vfd control. Would like enough I/O to do warning lights if possible. I have a feeling if I get the Axbbe I'd eventually feel limited by the I/O even with expansion but not sure.

Can UCCNC talk to an arduino to tell it to light an LED up as a warning light to bypass the IO restrictions of axbbe?

and can UCCNC also talk to a VFD and get the load on the spindle/current used, rpm, and other sensor data?

Thanks.
Archy

Re: AXBBE vs UC300eth

Postby ger21 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:21 pm

Whether or not is limited is really up to you.
I'd recommend making a list of everything you want to connect, and see how many inputs and outputs you need.
From the sounds of it, you might be limited with the AXBB-E.
The cost of the UC300ETH is similar to the AXBB-E, but you'll likely spend quite a bit more on breakout boards for the UC300ETH.

I have both an AXBB-E and a UC300ETH, and use a UB1 breakout board and UD1 daughterboard with the UC300ETH, which are nearly $300.

Can UCCNC talk to an arduino to tell it to light an LED up as a warning light to bypass the IO restrictions of axbbe?

and can UCCNC also talk to a VFD and get the load on the spindle/current used, rpm, and other sensor data?

UCCNC can communicate with other devices using Modbus, but you may need to write custom macros or a plugin to do what you want with the data it receives. If you get the RPM or current value from the VFD, UCCNC has no functions to use them, so you'll need to write a macro to deal with them.

Most VFD's support Modbus.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Return to Hardware