Recommend a BOB for the UC400ETH

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

Re: Recommend a BOB for the UC400ETH

Postby Battwell » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:59 am

id just use axbb-e now too. get the machine making money- you will pay for the axbb in a day!
although every 400eth ive put in peoples machines has just used the £4 chinese break out boards and has worked fine.
i also used 3 of them in my rye conversion on uc300 eth
isolated inputs etc and analogue 0-10v from pwm.

to be fair. ive used cncdrive break out boards on other machines and they are much easier-- much nicer to work with!
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby 1JUMPER10 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:56 pm

Thanks for all the advice. I ordered an AXBB-E. Lot of truth to what Robertspark posted.
1JUMPER10

Postby 1JUMPER10 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:16 am

Received the AXBB-E a few days ago and spent yesterday and today replacing the UC400ETH. I'll power it up tomorrow but I just wanted to say how much improved the documentation is. There are many relevant connection examples, explanations of the boards various features and its all laid out in an easily readable format. Only thing I wish it had was spring clamp connections instead of screws as there is a possibility they could vibrate loose.
When I power it up tomorrow we'll know if I can follow instructions. :D
1JUMPER10

Postby cncdrive » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:36 am

Thanks, we worked a lot on the documentation. Unfortunately most people not reading any documentations. (customer support experience.) :)

Well, spring clamp connections are not too good for this purpose, exactly because vibration can move the spring.
Those screw terminals are lift types, so they can withstand really high clamping force and if you using twisted copper wires then those will basically never loosen up.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Hardware