Uccnc plasma, Sheetcam, floating head. Trouble with height

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

Uccnc plasma, Sheetcam, floating head. Trouble with height

Postby SM_1 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:08 am

Hi, I have converted my Esab Cnc plasma with UCCNC Axbb-e and I use Sheetcam. I will add a scriber later so I use the UCCNC Plasma with scriber PP. I have a Proma THC150 and a Hypertherm powermax 105 using the CPC dividided voltage for the THC. I'm all new to Cnc systems but made the conversation myself.

I did the first live test yesterday, but after the M31 command the plasma height is higher than the settings. Like 5mm higher than the pierce height. So I think I need to change some offset of the floating head switch. Checked the settings in the Plasma scriber PP but it doesn't have any switch offset settings.

I would appreciate all the help I could get. Anyone else here that use a similar setup with this sheetcam PP and UCCNC?

I'd the problem in the PP, job settings in Sheetcam or in the UCCNC software?
SM_1

Re: Uccnc plasma, Sheetcam, floating head. Trouble with heig

Postby SM_1 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:50 am

I answer the question myself if somebody have the same issue. I changed the M203 Macro name to M31. Changed the offset in the old M203 macro and now it works well.

I'm looking for a better THC then Proma THC 150 but that seems easier than it is...
SM_1

Postby Megadiycncplasma » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:38 pm

do you have any screen shots on how and what you changed i am new to uccnc and have the same hardware and issue as you other than i have a 65 instead of a 105
Megadiycncplasma

Postby Megadiycncplasma » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:56 pm

can you by chance show me were and what you changed i have the same hardware you do and i am having major probing issues. i have no problem cutting as long as i use the sheetcam pp for uccnc with no z and manually set the z. if u use the pp with z it goes down touches go up then instead of probing to the right height it goes all the way up and hits the limit switch.
Megadiycncplasma

Return to CNC Plasma