THC problems

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

THC problems

Postby Jduke » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:03 pm

when the THC came out from cnc4pc, I jumped on it pretty early as a low cost way to get THC integrated to my AXBBE controlled plasma table.

I have the Ohmic sensor working and I have the THC wired up for quite some time, but I have never been able to get the THC to work.

I had given up quite some time ago because there weren't many people that had used it to work out whether the problem was me or something else.

now that several people have them up and running I am hoping someone can help

my Ohmic sensor works great, unfortunately I can't seem to work out where the problem is.

when I click the knob to take it to test rather than getting test and arrows, I get a Gear icon with a Wrench across it. I don't see in the original manual what the significance of this Icon is
anybody have a clue for me?

mine is an early version did they add the ability to test later on? can I get mine updated?

Id really like to test it out and get it working.

Duke
Jduke

Re: THC problems

Postby Jduke » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:40 pm

After a little more tinkering it looks like I have an older version of the THC.

You can’t test the motion unless it’s running.

Was able to finally get it to at least make one cut correctly after dialing the voltage down to where it doesn’t jump up away from workpiece and then dialing hysteresis up to where it doesn’t oscillate up and down.

Still think I have some learning to do, but at least it looks like I may be able to get it dialed in at some point.

Duke
Jduke

Return to CNC Plasma