Fusion 360 Post for UCCNC Plasma

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

Fusion 360 Post for UCCNC Plasma

Postby hobycreator » Wed May 11, 2022 8:07 am

Hi, I'm new to UCCNC. Comes from Mach3 where Fusion 360 created M3 before cut and M5 to stop cut where I had an m3 macro and an m5 macro that handled probing, start stop of plasma.
With UCCNC postprocessor there is only one M3 at start and M5 at the end of code. Plasma are on during rapid move and Z does not change.
No Z instructions at all.
How can I let UCNC know that the Z needs to probe before turning the torch on and start cut and stop torch and lift Z before rapid move.
Very grateful for help.
hobycreator

Re: Fusion 360 Post for UCCNC Plasma

Postby andrewwong2000 » Fri May 13, 2022 5:18 am

What THC are you using?
andrewwong2000

Postby Jduke » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:56 am

I use a g31 command as inserted by fusion360 from the post processor

So far, I have had to hand edit the g code to change the feed rate for the z axis during probing as it goes at same rate that my feeds are set at. And while cutting 3/16 at 85ipm is good, probing at 85ipm is a little fast.

I’m sure I can edit this but haven’t really gone looking where
Jduke

Postby CNCMarlin » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:03 pm

Hello,

I am by no means an expert in this field, but I have what I think to be a pretty good start for a fusion 360 post for UCCNC! I just recently added probe speed to it and it works like a charm. If you have any ideas or input I am open to it as I am still working on adding features little by little with the hopes of adding a c axis function to it for my miniTHC.

I would highly recommend comparing your current post with mine to see if they are comparable and maybe pick and choose some of the elements from mine. Every machine is different and every post has its flaws!

Thanks,

Michael
CNCMarlin

Return to CNC Plasma