Which THC works best with UCCNC

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

Re: Which THC works best with UCCNC

Postby Robertspark » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:12 pm

Ok I probably need to qualify the "fast" statement....

Fast as in higher sample rate which would allow for better averaging

And fast as in a quicker time to respond.

A faster sample rate will allow for better filtering, and if the thc is able to use something such as a predictive filtering algorithm it maybe possible to respond faster in that the THC can attempt to predict the likely directional motion that will be required relative to the samples measured.

I am not talking about the speed of the z axis or physical motion.

That for me is something which should be adjusted relative to XY federate

Think we're missing the point of what the op was asking.... Anyone got any recommendations?

Anyone wish to recommend the http://robot3t.com/en/san-pham/compact- ... wn-output/
??

Thanks Shad, I did not realise that the simplicity stored settings, a good feature
Rob
Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself”
...working my way through the 1000+ ways things don't work to find the one that does
UC400eth, UC300eth, UCCNC v1.2106, Neuron Lite
UCCNC v1.2105 Macro Manual
Robertspark

Postby Greolt » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:59 am

Robertspark wrote:Anyone wish to recommend the http://robot3t.com/en/san-pham/compact- ... wn-output/
??

I use an earlier version of this THC. Without the external voltage adjusting pot.

It works well for me on my home built 4 x 4 plasma table. Cheap Chinese pilot arc plasma cutter. Perhaps my expectations are not too high.

As far as I can tell it is similar to the Proma (not SD). Maybe faster in that it has solid state switching rather than mechanical relays.
Greolt

Postby cncdrive » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:01 am

What I've heard so far about that linked THC is that it is too sensitive to noise. Some customers experienced this and posted on the hungarian hobbycnc forum.
But as we discussed it already fastness in arc voltage sensing means noise sensitivity which is worse than if the THC is a bit slow.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Previous

Return to CNC Plasma