Run From Here

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

Run From Here

Postby Rad » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:33 pm

Hi folks, ever so often there may be a miss-fire from the torch when plasma cutting, and I would have to stop the job and go back to zero, then edit the file in sheetcam to remove all the areas already cut and run the job again and then sometimes there may be another miss-fire and...yes I have to do it all over again :x. I know the 'run from here' can help with this issue, but I'm not sure how to use this feature in UCcnc. Anyone care to explain how I can use this feature? thanks
DIY Plasma Table
Powermax 45XP
MiniTHC
Rad

Re: Run From Here

Postby cncdrive » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:11 pm

The UCCNC will not switch the torch back on if you stop the code execution. If you continue the cycle then it will just continue executing the g-code file and if and when it contains a new torch on function, e.g. M3 only then will it switch the torch on.
To resolve the problem you can press the Run from here button and then cycle start to continue the operation and you can set the torch on (switch spindle on) setting on run from here button.
I advice you to study the run from here function, because it is the simplest solution for your problem.

And what the RFH function does is relatively simple. If you pressing the RFH button then the software checks the g-code line counter and checks what the position should be for that line.
Then if you OK the window then that initial movement will be made with lifting the Z up to safeZ level and moving to the calculated coordinates.
And the spindle will be switched on if the switch spindle on first checkbox is set.
When the initial movement was done then you can again cycle start to continue the g-code execution and then if the switch spindle on cycle start option is set then the spindle will switch on prior to starting executing the cycle.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Rad » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:23 pm

thanks much, will try playing with it and see
DIY Plasma Table
Powermax 45XP
MiniTHC
Rad

Postby Plasmicon » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:51 am

You can try Plasmicon UCCNCCutStart plugin to make cut from place you want with no efforts. It allows you to start from nearest point on cut path, from start of nearest path, it also can make part rectangle corner check procedures to make shure your sheet fits cut parts.
Plasmicon

Return to CNC Plasma