jerky movement plasma table

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

Re: jerky movement plasma table

Postby kawarider » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:37 pm

THC is Neuron Lite. Andrew helped me installing. Maybe went too fast, he was cleaning up post and took that convert arc away, maybe. But works very nice. Thc on/off is M10.1/M11.1. It is in the pathrules but I don't remenber how that is arranged, in wich file and so on. It is sheetcam related anyway. Slow down for corner is disabled, I (think) don't need it. The thc is always on, only off 10 mm before end of cut. The plasma cutter is an old Esab retrofitted. We cut around 15 to 20 tons a year in plates 1.25mm and 2 mm, sometimes 3 mm. It has been working great again today, no problems what so ever. The only thing is in the product/file mentioned here. If I cut without kerve compensation, no problem. So , conclusion is arcs as said here. I am carefull with changing post, sheetcam is sometimes strange in saving and the path. If I am jumping around here cutting bending plates, it cannot happen that the wrong post is loaded. For the moment it gives peace, this will be solved, no doubt about that. Thanks to you guys.
kawarider

Postby shad » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:28 pm

Hello!
Usually we use attaching *.spost and *.tools file (with path rules and Hypertherm presets) for Sheetcam. Remove .txt extension before using.
THCOFF macro is M10.1 and THCON macro is M11.1 - this is a realtime macro.
Better to use Sheetcam TNG Development version.
Attachments
ThcControlToolsPowermax.tools.txt
Tools file
(8.3 KiB) Downloaded 575 times
NeuronThcUccncPost.scpost.txt
Postprocessor
(2.84 KiB) Downloaded 574 times
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
http://neuroncnc.com/
shad

Postby shad » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:35 am

And forgot to say about post-processor from the Plasmicon http://plasmicon.com/product/plasmapost/?lang=en
We use this in the each our THC bundle in our market.
He creates a wonderful code for plasma cutting and very accurately arranges the commands to enable/disable automatic voltage control (THCOFF from gcode).
Plasmicon UCCNCCutStart plugin in the our standard THC bundle too. Great solution for start or restart cutting from any point of the cutting trajectory via one step.
I can’t even imagine how to work without this now :)
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
http://neuroncnc.com/
shad

Postby kawarider » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:51 pm

Thanks Shad, I will use this post again, don't know where it went.

The guy from plasmicon was very helpful. I tried his postprocessor too, but decided to stick with Sheetcam because that is the trick I learned. Very impressive what he made, very easy to load dxf and start from here arc-lost is very useful. It doesn't happen much, but if it does, I am happy to restart.
kawarider

Previous

Return to CNC Plasma