Simple Oxy-Acetylene Post Processor ( sheetcam ) + uccnc

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

Simple Oxy-Acetylene Post Processor ( sheetcam ) + uccnc

Postby Robertspark » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:47 pm

AS per title: Simple Oxy-Acetylene Post Processor ( sheetcam ) + uccnc

It is "simple" because it presumes:
- No Torch Height Control
- Floating Head to zero the torch at the initial start of the programme
- after zeroing the torch .... manual ignition and setting of the torch up to cut and then manually pressing the "start" to continue the cutting operation.

USUAL DISCLAIMERS APPLY..... I have not tried this on a machine as I do not have a torch to try it on.... no responsibility will be accepted in any way shape or form for you setting an autonomous machine to run with a code that you have not checked or varified!!!

Attached is the sheetcam post processor ..... unfortunatly the UCCNC forum does not accept *.scpost files.... hence I've changed it to *.txt..... just rename it to *.scpost extension and load it into sheetcam. {its actually a text file which is written in LUA hence you can read it, which I recommend}

Also attached is the *.tap gcode file + a couple of screenshots.
Attachments
2018-06-14 23_37_38-.png
2018-06-14 23_36_41-Program Manager.png
UCCNC Simple OxyAcetylene.txt
(6.74 KiB) Downloaded 823 times
Trial2_AMADA_QUATTRO.tap
(1.1 KiB) Downloaded 803 times
Robertspark

Re: Simple Oxy-Acetylene Post Processor ( sheetcam ) + uccnc

Postby asuratman » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:25 am

I have modified my cnc table, floating head run OK. Configure on Z axis, Limit - pin 15 port 2, I can zero probe the surface manually easy.

When I want to copy post processor that you have, I tried to change from .txt to .scpost, it doesn't work. The post processor did not show up on the post processor on sheetcam. How to change or copy from .txt to .scpost.

When I tried the example then there is " The probe was active. Operation was aborted". The program stop.
asuratman

Re: Simple Oxy-Acetylene Post Processor ( sheetcam ) + uccnc

Postby Robertspark » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:32 am

change it from *.txt to *.scpost

Open up sheetcam, go to Options >> Machine Options >> Post Processor >> Import Post (bottom of tab)

Navigate to wherever you renamed *.scpost and import it and it should appear as your post processor.

(it automatically copies it to:
C:\Users\{user account}\AppData\Roaming\SheetCam TNG Development\posts
And loads it into sheetcam)

All of the default post processors are saved in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SheetCam TNG Development\posts

Oh, I always use the development version of sheetcam as it has all the newest features, I've never had a problem with bugs / issues. Same way with UCCNC and using the development version.

Although if I was doing it as a business I'd probably stick with one release for much longer than I do so you have stability and it does not affect your business all of a sudden.
Robertspark

Return to CNC Plasma