Macro - Plasma Touch Off Macro for Ohmic and Floating Head,

Here is where you can drop off Examples of WORKING macros,plugins,Gcode programs , macro Wizards etc.
Please give a brief description of what it is and how it works.

Macro - Plasma Touch Off Macro for Ohmic and Floating Head,

Postby Robertspark » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Plasma Touch Off Macro for Ohmic and Floating Head, using relays to isolate inputs as per PoMo MiniTHC

Basically sometimes you can get false triggering depending upon your setup with noise and floating head (probe) and ohmic inputs.

The PoMo MiniTHC has two relays which means you can isolate the probe and ohmic input when you are not probing, and then just run the macro to enable the inputs when you want them to operate.
http://minithc.com/

...Maybe just another macro to give you some ideas about turning inputs on and off....
Attachments
M1035.txt
(1.35 KiB) Downloaded 1207 times
Robertspark

Re: Macro - Plasma Touch Off Macro for Ohmic and Floating He

Postby asuratman » Fri May 11, 2018 2:04 pm

Hello Rob,
I am new to cnc oxy cutting. I plan to build cnc oxy cutting table. I want to use this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-sh ... 39.90158.0 . I have floating head, UCCNC and cnc table. Is it possible to use floating head to touch off material IHS, find pierce height then start cutting at cutting height without using THC considering the plate is level. The steel plate material mostly I cut is 5 mm to 30 mm. Is that attached macro can be used for this operation.
asuratman

Re: Macro - Plasma Touch Off Macro for Ohmic and Floating He

Postby Robertspark » Fri May 11, 2018 2:15 pm

It short.... yes you can.... (sort of / maybe)

in long, that is a capacitive height sensor for OxyAcetylene, hence you "may" not have a floating head as such.... only if you build + incorperate one.

The capacitive height sensor is "similar" to the ohmic sensor except it uses capacitive sensing to detect the material.

capacitive detection does / is affected by the type of material as well as the coverage of the material (if you were at the corner of the material, a smaller amount of material would be sensed because 3/4 of it was missing)

That macro is basically a two sensing element macro.

1 is an ohmic (or capacitive) sense macro and the second is for the floating head {if you install one}

It will test the ohmic / capacitive sense input to see if it is active at the start of the operation, if its active it will ignore it and just use the floating head offset.

If it is not active it will probe and when it detects material, it will test which input is active an apply the correct offset
Robertspark

Return to UCCNC TOOL BOX