Probie all 3 axes X,Y,Z with TLS .)

Here is where you can drop off Examples of WORKING macros,plugins,Gcode programs , macro Wizards etc.
Please give a brief description of what it is and how it works.

Probie all 3 axes X,Y,Z with TLS .)

Postby 2046 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:25 am

The TLS (Tool length sensor) is normally used for the Z height probing as we all know. Because the TLS is just a plain sensor which sends coordinates anytime it is touched it can be easily used for other axes right?
I haven't seen anybody to do this, and so I made it. If any of you knows something similar or how to make this even better let me know.
No matter what the Macro I use for probing the XYZ coordinates with TLS is here https://github.com/twentyfortysix/uccnc ... z_with_TLS

see what is is about on your own eyes:
https://youtu.be/X_vFmEGCen4
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 9.18.30.jpg

Re: Probie all 3 axes X,Y,Z with TLS .)

Postby CADdy » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:22 pm

A simple 3d probe does the same procedure?

Peter
CADdy

Re: Probe all 3 axes X,Y,Z with TLS .)

Postby 2046 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:53 pm

I don't know what you mean by simple 3D probe.. but the probe is sensor in general.
The real 3D probe has the advantage that it does not need the external sensor, as it is sensor on its own (and more accurate and delicate).

This hack is good for those who has the TLS sensor already and are bored to set up the X and Y coordinates manually.
At least in my case manual setup takes few minutes and I need to change the bits, or I should manually change the coordinates in UCCNC which I hate to do _ even then it takes more energy and time than this hack.
Whit this setup I'm set within dozen seconds.. if I use 6mm bit and let it out approx. 30mm I do not even need to do the TLS afterwards.

Postby CADdy » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:03 am

By a "simple 3D probe" I mean something like this:

3D-Probe.png
3D-Probe.png (35.08 KiB) Viewed 4773 times

Peter
CADdy

Postby 2046 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:39 pm

Simple probe does way more than this TLS macro.
The probe does same thing in the case of one corner, or more precisely in the case of cubic stock - it checks the position and writes it down to corresponding coordinate. Because it is not more than that, the procedure in the video can be easily extended for all corners all around by the macro adjustments. The macro used in my TLS probing is nothing more than modified 3Dprobe macro, which might answer your question.. yes that is what the 3D probe does.

On the other hand the 3D probe does way more than the TLS macro. It can run over the whole complex model and write the whole shell down for later use.

Return to UCCNC TOOL BOX