VAR Editor Plugin

Here is where you can drop off Examples of WORKING macros,plugins,Gcode programs , macro Wizards etc.
Please give a brief description of what it is and how it works.

Re: VAR Editor Plugin

Postby dezsoe » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:34 pm

You can also check 1.2109: there's a probe screen on the tools/probe page.
dezsoe

Postby jsim8909 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:37 pm

i get an error saying install failed due to virus present in file. all virus software removed from win and win defender has been deleted. uac disabled and all user/admin accounts including Microsoft hidden admin account are deleted via registry take ownership and account deletion. I have full control of win security, group policy editor, internet security, uac, ntfs file sync and permissions and am the owner of every file both ntfs and uac controlled. highest admin/installer system/32 builder with cert on file. This version won't install for an unknown reason. The error is scripted because the real reason is unknown by windows.
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans!
jsim8909

Postby cncdrive » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:47 pm

It does not install because the UAC or Defender gives you that error message. There is no such thing as unknown reason for file not to run error for Windows. There is always a reason if it will not run a file, in your case it is because Windows thinks (UAC or Defender) that there is a virus in the file. Which is an already known issue for us, if you search the forum you can read after it.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Dan911 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:27 am

dezsoe wrote:You can also check 1.2109: there's a probe screen on the tools/probe page.

jsim8909 I see your using test version 1.2106, why not just use newest test version 1.2109 where probe tab is built in UCCNC like Dezsoe suggested??
Dan911

Postby dezsoe » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:02 am

Because he can't run 1.2109, he has a virus alert.
dezsoe

Postby jsim8909 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:52 pm

hello not sure how to message yet. adapting cameras probe screen is finally up and running! Thanks! I am having an error at different stages of all multi probe runs. Probe triggers and macro runs like it should, then it tigers on another side and message about probe was active canceling now? It's should trigger hitting stock like the other side. What is the failure because I don't see one? Why would I get a message that probe went active when that's the intent? happened second side of y than second side of x after complete both y sides and first x. The second x run triggered probe when it touched not before. Probe size was correct, height zeroed off top and started on correct side. I'm clueless. It must be an internal uccnc issue running the macro.
jsim8909

Postby jsim8909 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:42 am

I tried 1.2109 and it triggers soft limit error even when they aren't set with more then 150mm from home. It also doesn't complete probe routine. I lost home position everytime with no ref/tabs enabled. many attempts ended with probing led running and no movement. I'm having no luck probing. My mill produces great work running code from desk proto using stl files. but if I need uccnc to do anything other than run tool path it never works or the bugs come out. I've found 4 bugs I'm credited for in my 1 yr using it and 9 versions tested. It's more accurate and responsibly written the the other hobby program for subtractive. However it leaves much to be desired from mach3 like features and being writen from .net framework and based on fragmented file system I not sure it will ever satisfy the way it could. Too much manual installing of macros plugs and config files. The 3d printing world is in its infancy and leaves subtractive cnc in the dust as far s features go. duet 3d can update firmware on the fly while printing and the entire firmware is configured purely through gcode. wana change homing direction for x axes on duet board, enter 192.168.1.50 in my browser than type m564 xS1 for x homes pos m564 xS2 now x homes neg. this can be done will printing. or pull the sd card from board make any open source changes you want pop it back in and it uploads new config again on the fly. no pc connection required. You don't need to be experience in gcode to print and the software does the same work our stuff does without all the complication. If they are doing it and in just a few years why are we struggling after decades? My printer probes 144 spots to level the bed with a self deploy retract probe using a micro servo pwm controlled and produces a height map to print level for each print run. That took an hour to setup on the duet. I''m, 3 days now with 2 different uccnc versions trying to get a single probe routine to run without error. It's not goanna happen. Maybe I should buy another duet and mill with that?
jsim8909

Postby cncdrive » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:18 am

I'm sorry to hear that nothing works for you in UCCNC and everything is better than UCCNC in your opinion. :(
Maybe you should really try something else. Take a look at LinuxCNC, it is free and open source, so you can make modifications like how you mentioned.
We are happy to take the controller back from you, just contact us or the distributor you purchased from.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:54 am

If they are doing it and in just a few years why are we struggling after decades

We aren't struggling, you are. You're the only one having these issues, and based on your other posts, you just do not know how to use the probing.

However it leaves much to be desired from mach3 like feature

1.2109 is comparable to Mach3 in features, and is far superior to Mach3 in almost all aspects.
UCCNC is easier to setup, easier to use, easier to customize, faster, more accurate, much less buggy, .......
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby jsim8909 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:51 am

No one can anwser me Why machine coords are wrong after probing? That the holy Grail of cnc and they are mishandled by these versions. And 1000s of people are struggling to figure out this non functioning probing software. I will make a video of the failure showing the outside probe x,y centering. it never makes it past 2 or 3 postions saying probe was activate canceling now. This message happens at an intended probe contacting point. Explain how thats not a firmware bug. And it not the same point every time. Where do I upload the proof so someone will believe what I am saying. And I want to be recognized for this being my 5th bug find from uccnc to date. I will provide the links for the other 4 with the video.
jsim8909

PreviousNext

Return to UCCNC TOOL BOX