VAR Editor Plugin

Here is where you can drop off Examples of WORKING macros,plugins,Gcode programs , macro Wizards etc.
Please give a brief description of what it is and how it works.

Re: VAR Editor Plugin

Postby Dan911 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:56 pm

Ok, so than you knew and I sort of agree. All my post are still visible and can see it certainly didn't call for what he done.

This sums it perfectly.......
Looks like he took his ball and went home....
Dan911

Postby Battwell » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:07 am

Shame.
He did this on the Mach forum a while ago too. ( re appeared a few years later if I recall)
While he had some eccentric ideas and notions , there was also some very good input too.
Shame he deleted all previous posts, not just the one that offended him
Just a thought ;-)
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby beefy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:45 am

Dan911 wrote:It was no accident, It happened seconds after my last post and basically told me so. Of course you can't read the post between mine because there deleted.

Don't think he liked post links showing his contradictions so fixed it so it can't be done.

Hmmm, well that's a little sad and disappointing. Terry was one of the best out there and he has always said he's out there to help the average guy in their cnc journey. Surprising for him to take it all away from everyone.

Anyway, regarding what I said earlier (Balazs, you there ??? :) ). Does the forum not have a backup system for this sort of thing. I haven't read the rules but I'm assuming deletion of posts after a certain period is not allowed, and likewise I'd guess a moderator does not have an official right to go rogue and delete a mass of material (whether their own or not) if they have a bee in their bonnet about something.

If the above is correct, then isn't anyone posting basically committing their words to be here perpetually, and thus wouldn't Balazs have every right to restore them from a backup (if it exists). Or was the backup deleted too.

I think this shows a serious "security flaw" in the forum and goes to show that even moderators need to be have limited privileges.
beefy

Postby cncdrive » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:55 am

Hi Guys,

Yes, Terry said he had an argument on the forum and the result is what you see is that he deleted all his posts.
I did not have time to visit the forum that day, so I did not even see what the argument was.

Terry had admin privileges, not moderator. I did not want any forums nor did my collegues, but Terry asked me and convinced me to make one and he said he will moderate it, so I made this forum basicly for him.

I have already told Terry that I would appritiate if he comes back, but did not receive an answer to that email yet.

I don't know if there is a backup system available or not, but probably we could ask the ISP to get a backup copy of the database from that day if we really need to restore informations.

And I'm sorry that this happened especially because I really like Terry...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:18 pm

If you need a moderator, I can probably help you out. Most know that I've moderated CNC Zone for almost 15 years, and am pretty good at avoiding arguments. :? .
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Dan911 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:12 pm

The so called argument was with me and can be read the first three post of this thread, my post that is. The third post was me telling him to lighten up after he said he's leaving and not returning.

Dan
Dan911

Postby beefy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:45 pm

ger21 wrote:If you need a moderator, I can probably help you out. Most know that I've moderated CNC Zone for almost 15 years, and am pretty good at avoiding arguments. :? .

Gerry, I think this would be a great move for the Cncdrive forum.

I had to Google the difference between "admin" and "moderator", and with admin privileges, it appears Terry was supreme ruler of the forum and could therefore do whatever his feelings led him to do.

Not a good image for a forum (or Cncdrive) when the main forum controller takes such destructive action. Having you as a moderator would give the needed support and stability the forum needs. My hat is off to you for offering that help.

Balazs,

I think a lot of good has come from this forum. Knowledge for users so they can better understand, and get more out of your systems. Many bugs and improvements have also been rectified / implemented because of the forum, and it's an advertisement for your products which helps spread word of mouth and build credibility.
beefy

Postby Battwell » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:52 pm

il second ger as a moderator. he has done a good job on "the zone"
while he has told me to shut up on other forums .lol
he hasnt threatened to ban me for showing a carving of a man reading a book :-)
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby ger21 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:07 pm

:shock:

This forum shouldn't really need any moderation.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Robertspark » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:11 am

Battwell wrote:he hasnt threatened to ban me for showing a carving of a man reading a book :-)

??

The forum needs a bit of organisation of moving some of the posts around to the right topics so they can be found later when searching for the info.

Eg... All these now pointless toolbox posts without any useful content need moving out of the toolbox thread and into macros and plugins as there may still be some gems of info in them.

Likewise there are some old general discussion thread posts that could do with moving to plasma, macros, plugins mach3/4.

I spoke with Terry about it fwiw but it was a fair bit of work.....
Robertspark

PreviousNext

Return to UCCNC TOOL BOX