VAR Editor Plugin

Here is where you can drop off Examples of WORKING macros,plugins,Gcode programs , macro Wizards etc.
Please give a brief description of what it is and how it works.

Re: VAR Editor Plugin

Postby Robertspark » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:59 pm

I'm christian... I have kids.... I don't know i the term is liberal or just accepting of all peoples points of view {one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter .... all just perspective and sometimes point in time} {edit: before someone says something about terrorists in this day and age ... I was born + grew up in a country that had a gorilla war {zimbabwe} and people that were widely accepted as terrorists became heroes .... its all just perspective... I am not justifying or accepting anything .... just sometimes you need to ask why someone / everyone has a point of view}

If you are of a "nervous" disposition you probably don't want to look at this but if you like optical illusions (and an explanation of the "man + book which is actually a woman + book )
here you go...
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/li ... -mind-test
{sorry the express is not a highly rated newspaper.... its just an interesting article}
Robertspark

Postby Battwell » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:09 pm

interesting article and slide show.
i just love simple line art-and had to make this when i first saw it. i have made loads of it for my house. especially like picasso line art of women.
a friend of mine often doodles erotic /romantic line art of his wife when they are on holidays- he always gets me to trace and carve them for him- he has about 15 up to now all displayed in his hallway! - his own ideas and interpretations.
the plaque i showed has been great for conversation with guests in my home - stops them looking at their phones for a few minutes anyway.
im happy to delete the picture back off the forum- but hey its just a man (woman) reading a book :-)
dezoe- i can send you the dxf i made from the original image if you pm me.
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby Dan911 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:55 am

Battwell wrote: The picture of a man reading a book that nearly got me banned off the forum :-(
It’s one of my favourite test carvings I did when I first used uccnc.

Lol... I remember that! Had trouble seeing a man reading a book :shock: , I guess it depends on the persons mindset. Never understood why Terry got so bent out of shape over it.

Gerry.. I see your name as part of the team! I guess that just makes it official since it always seemed you were with your quick responses to answering post questions and help.

Happy to see Vmax549 name still there, hopefully he has a change of heart soon. He did make this forum intuitive and fun!

Dan
Dan911

Postby A_Camera » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:44 pm

Battwell wrote:
6C4BD24D-4EF1-4ED6-B3C6-7ADE28D19603.jpeg

The picture of a man reading a book that nearly got me banned off the forum :-(
It’s one of my favourite test carvings I did when I first used uccnc.

:D
I didn't see the book before I read the text you wrote.
A_Camera

Postby A_Camera » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:46 pm

dezsoe wrote:Could you share the g-code for this picture? I really like it! :)

Must be because you are a Hungarian... :D
A_Camera

Postby A_Camera » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:54 pm

beefy wrote:Having kids I personally don't like pictures like this being publicly shown, but that's as far as I take it.

I also have kids, but when children interpret this picture the way you and I (and many others) initially seen it then they are no longer children. Protecting kids from this sort of image is just nonsense. I mean, seriously, established art museums are much more obvious, direct, and leave out the fantasy. Not to mention the Internet... :lol:
A_Camera

Postby A_Camera » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:17 pm

cncdrive wrote:Hi Guys,

Yes, Terry said he had an argument on the forum and the result is what you see is that he deleted all his posts.
I did not have time to visit the forum that day, so I did not even see what the argument was.

Terry had admin privileges, not moderator. I did not want any forums nor did my collegues, but Terry asked me and convinced me to make one and he said he will moderate it, so I made this forum basicly for him.

I have already told Terry that I would appritiate if he comes back, but did not receive an answer to that email yet.

I don't know if there is a backup system available or not, but probably we could ask the ISP to get a backup copy of the database from that day if we really need to restore informations.

And I'm sorry that this happened especially because I really like Terry...

:(

This is a sad story. I didn't know he basically started this forum. The idea of starting the forum was very good, destroying it on the other had was a bit immature. I don't know what else he deleted, but hopefully he no longer has the privilege to do any more harm here. It's sad when such things happen, but there is nothing to do about it and I think restoring from backup will be very difficult because that might overwrite newer posts.

...now I have to go through my own posts to see if he did do any harm there as well, though I am not as active lately as some of the other guys are. The problem is how to find the time... :cry:
A_Camera

Postby A_Camera » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:26 pm

ger21 wrote::shock:

This forum shouldn't really need any moderation.

Generally I agree, but if there is anyone suitable for the job then I think you are... so my hat is off for you as well. ;)
A_Camera

Postby beefy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:08 pm

A_Camera wrote:
beefy wrote:Having kids I personally don't like pictures like this being publicly shown, but that's as far as I take it.

I also have kids, but when children interpret this picture the way you and I (and many others) initially seen it then they are no longer children. Protecting kids from this sort of image is just nonsense. I mean, seriously, established art museums are much more obvious, direct, and leave out the fantasy. Not to mention the Internet... :lol:

Well, here in Australia, according to you, there are a great deal of kids under 10 that are very full adults. Maybe it's time for them to go out and work and fend for themselves. Apart from the arrogant attitudes we've experienced, and the swearing that comes out there mouths, it's quite shocking what they say sexually. It's clear many have heard of blow jobs, etc, to be blunt. We take a trip to Singapore and the kids there are a whole different ball game, polite, smiling, and respectful. The last time I was in Singapore, every time a movie had swearing the sound simply went silent, not even the beep that advertises "this is a bad word so we replaced it with a beep". Hmmm, maybe the attitude of the adults and government there has a direct influence on the kids and the adults they'll become.

Now I never said anything about "protecting kids", so that seems to be an assumption on your part. To me that implies damage will result if the kids are exposed to something. All I know is what I see of too many Western kids, and it's saddening. And it seems to be getting worse, not better. I think many will agree all the swearing, violence, sex, etc on TV is influencing kids attitudes and ways of thinking in a less than desirable way (unless that's what you desire for kids). Or maybe that is "nonsense" too.

I also don't aspire to the notion that just because there's loads of something on the internet or wherever, it's fine to have more of it.

Now I'm not going to use words like "nonsense", etc, like you have, because we are talking opinions here, and everyone has their own and I respect that. And generally opinions are not right or wrong, they are just ways of thinking. Therefore to say someones' thoughts are nonsense is implying you have the knowledge of the almighty himself, and your word is final, and the other person is a bit dumb. Thus is can bring about a reaction that we don't really want on a discussion forum.
Last edited by beefy on Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beefy

Postby cncdrive » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:19 pm

My opinion is that adults are not adults because they are sexually active, they are adults because they can make responsible decisions, so those kids talk about sex and that they know about "adult things" does not mean that they are grown, they are still just kids... they will become adults when they will stop talking about these things, when they will understand and know that it is indecorous to talk like that.
cncdrive
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to UCCNC TOOL BOX