VAR Editor Plugin

Here is where you can drop off Examples of WORKING macros,plugins,Gcode programs , macro Wizards etc.
Please give a brief description of what it is and how it works.

Re: VAR Editor Plugin

Postby A_Camera » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:55 pm

cncdrive wrote:My opinion is that adults are not adults because they are sexually active, they are adults because they can make responsible decisions, so those kids talk about sex and that they know about "adult things" does not mean that they are grown, they are still just kids... they will become adults when they will stop talking about these things, when they will understand and know that it is indecorous to talk like that.

I agree, but on the other hand, this site should be for adults (+18) only. You can't check our identity, but the way I see it is that this is about as innocent as it can be. I mean, just like I said before, what about art galleries...? Should we ban and start burning those down just because one can see much more than here... I think it's gone too far if such images would be censored. It's just ridiculously childish.
A_Camera

Postby ger21 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:02 pm

I think many will agree all the swearing, violence, sex, etc on TV is influencing kids attitudes and ways of thinking in a less than desirable way

If it is, it's because the parents allow it to happen.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby beefy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:40 pm

ger21 wrote:
I think many will agree all the swearing, violence, sex, etc on TV is influencing kids attitudes and ways of thinking in a less than desirable way

If it is, it's because the parents allow it to happen.

Completely agree, and with ours we don't allow it to happen. However, you can't lock your children away in a bubble. One way or another they get exposed to, and can be influenced by, the society they live in. No need to go into the many ways this can happen. It's a worry of many parents, they do the best they can for their kids but it's the exposure to the outside influence / culture where things get difficult.

If you have the ultimate answer to that problem, I'm all ears.
beefy

Postby ger21 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:04 am

beefy wrote:
ger21 wrote:

If you have the ultimate answer to that problem, I'm all ears.

I don't have kids. ;)
Gerry
ger21

Postby A_Camera » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:47 am

ger21 wrote:
I don't have kids. ;)

...but I have two (boys) and I agree with you completely. In my opinion people today tend to forget about the responsibility of parents and use all kinds of excuse. No need to put them in cage, just take the responsibility as a parent and behave like an adult parent. Overprotecting them is the worst thing.
A_Camera

Postby cncdrive » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:51 am

Teaching them how to behave is the best way of protecting them. :)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby CT63 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:30 pm

This thread has gotten way off course and not about CNC at this point. I recommend it gets locked. Lets keep this forum about CNC.
CT63

Postby cncdrive » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:00 pm

Yes, I agree, but I think the forum users are all adults, so I simply ask you guys to please stop posting off topic. I don't think that there is a need to lock the topic, because you guys will understand I'm sure...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby jsim8909 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:43 pm

Hello I'm new to the forum and am having difficulty find a post to reply my issue. So I'm posting where I can find member adapting camera. I have watched ur set instal video 3 times and understand it fully. I am successful with a copy of 1.2106 running demo mode without controller. demo running under u100 controller mode. However my machine version using uc400eth active copy won't take the install. Looking at the default screen file for that system I see the uc100 line at the top of file. I would think uc400eth should appear? anyway doing exactly what is instructed results in macros loaded in lower display but no probe button appears and no resizing of uccnc logo. I deleted all othe screen files and profile except the active which is named defaultscreen set.ssf and default.pro with still no luck. . Any help would be great.
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans!
jsim8909

Postby ger21 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:03 pm

Looking at the default screen file for that system I see the uc100 line at the top of file.

There's a separate section for each controller. You need to edit the appropriate section. Search for UC400 and you should see it.
Screen .ssf files contain separate screens for each controller.
Gerry
ger21

PreviousNext

Return to UCCNC TOOL BOX