Edge Facing Wizard

Here is where you can drop off Examples of WORKING macros,plugins,Gcode programs , macro Wizards etc.
Please give a brief description of what it is and how it works.

Edge Facing Wizard

Postby danowar » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:12 pm

This is a conversational wizard to assist with milling the edge of a work piece flat. I have a CNC Router that I often use for milling aluminum plates, and this wizard was designed to ease my workflow of either manually writing code, modeling something up to generate a simple path in CAM, or manually jogging the machine.

It is still in testing phase, but has performed well so far. I am sure there a still some bugs, if you find any, please let me know.

The code should be easy to follow if anyone is interested in modifying for their use. There are several features I have not yet seen on other macros, that some may find useful for implementation in other macros (such as dynamic images, setting save, and read/write to text files).

I could write up a list of features and instructions, but it is pretty self explanatory after you play with it for a bit. There is a help button, however, that feature is not fully implemented yet.

Let me know what you think. Improvements, fixes, etc.

I also plan on making a "Cartesian Hole Plotter" wizard that will simply let you input x/y coordinates for a series of holes. Kind of like the hole pattern wizards, but without the pattern. I am open to other ideas for more wizards the community thinks are missing from UCCNC.

Installation is simple... Extract all files/folders to your macro folder, and use "M2122" in the MDI to open.

Enjoy!
Attachments
M2122.rar
(91.59 KiB) Downloaded 1019 times
danowar

Re: Edge Facing Wizard

Postby danowar » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:19 pm

I would like to give a quick shout out to Dan911 and Vmax549 for their previous work on macro wizards. Their code was instrumental in giving me a starting place to make this wizard.
danowar

Postby danowar » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:46 pm

Changed the macro number to M21212 so that I can assign a button
Attachments
M21212.rar
(91.55 KiB) Downloaded 1092 times
danowar

Postby Dan911 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:50 pm

Nice Job Danowar, I really like your settings file... great format for Wizards.

Dan
Dan911

Return to UCCNC TOOL BOX