Gcode Veiwer

Here is where you can drop off Examples of WORKING macros,plugins,Gcode programs , macro Wizards etc.
Please give a brief description of what it is and how it works.

Re: Gcode Veiwer

Postby Dan911 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:14 pm

Hi Terry,
Sorry for not responding to PM yet but it's just not clicking to me any advantage to this, I'm assuming I'm just probably overlooking it. Same with serial/network communication, could you please give an example how it would be used? I know your very resourceful in cnc needs but just not seeing here.

Dan
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:07 am

Hmmm, why not just make it a G-code editor than? I did read somewhere you remarking of limitations in UCCNC editor. Why the need to run along side ? 1 listbox/richtextbox with loaded UCCNC G-code file and another with open file all in 1 window. Copy and paste from each other. Save to file reload in UCCNC.

Dan
Dan911

Postby Robertspark » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:19 am

Notepad++ allows you to have files displayed side by side
Robertspark

Postby Dan911 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:37 pm

Hi Terry,
I added a window for loaded Gcode in UCCNC so not have to deal with both open. Is this what you were asking me for? Just needs some editing bells and whistles but almost 3 hours of coding for fun is enough
for1 day.

This will add a folder to UCCNC "GcodeEditor" and this is where the plugin will look for files and save them. When you first try this folder will be empty so when you press the "Gcode Folder File" button nothing will happen until you populate it with Gcode files. It will only find .txt and .tap files. You need to have a Gcode file loaded in UCCNC or the button press will do nothing. When saved that file will be loaded in UCCNC.

Make a button or hotkey #7777

The attachment GcodeEditor.JPG is no longer available

GcodeEditor.JPG
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:45 pm

Hey Terry, Needs Net 4 versions, 05 or 06, don't know why I did that, I just started to play and get involved. Per instructions if G-code file not loaded in UCCNC button press will do nothing. Created in and tested on 8.1 64 and just tested on XP 32 and no problems on this end.

Dan
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:13 am

Vmax549 wrote:OK I got it working here. You are off to a good start ;) . Are you thinking of completing it ?? Or just having fun.

I would NOT be hard for UCCNC to add in teh file reference column to teh current Gcode Editor. Then add in some improvement functions to boot.

You can also edit macros there as well. Been there done that testing.

Maybe UCCNC will bring teh Editor outside of UCCNC as a Plugin and provide teh source code then we could add any improvements we liked.

Same with a Macro Editor. Create a model plugin that already has teh compiler/debugger built in then we can take it from there ??

HUM , Just a thought, (;-)TP

Yes I agree, it would be very easy for UCCNC to add a reference column, but I don't think it's likely them doing so or releasing there source code.

I went as far as pic you sent and requested, I will add anything you or anybody suggest that think would make a better Editor. Personally right now UCCNC editor and notepad++ suit my needs, will see what develops.

Dan
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:54 am

Hmmm.. Why PM/email me to do this for you if were just going to do yourself?? :? UCCNC editor works well for me!

Long work day to tired to continue, absolutely no testing and not complete.

The attachment GcodeEditor.JPG is no longer available

GcodeEditor.JPG
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:59 pm

Thanks Terry, there's really not much to it, the hard part is getting a good work flow like you pointed out. I have all working well and what I do like most is the coping/pasting seems to work easier than the UCCNC editor. I will add in your suggestions tonight and should send. Big project at work been taking from my desk/play time. :(
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:49 pm

I forgot all about this thread...Sorry.

This was a project I was working on with Terry and since been aborted, it never became fully functional so I removed.

Syntax highlighting was really my only interest to have in a editor that works directly within UCCNC along with a few new features and I been using/testing a plugin that has this. It uses the same text editing component as Notepad++. I will post in plugin section for any who want to try and when ready post a link here.
Dan911

Return to UCCNC TOOL BOX