Gcode Veiwer

Here is where you can drop off Examples of WORKING macros,plugins,Gcode programs , macro Wizards etc.
Please give a brief description of what it is and how it works.

Re: Gcode Veiwer

Postby Dan911 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:13 am

Vmax549 wrote:OK I got it working here. You are off to a good start ;) . Are you thinking of completing it ?? Or just having fun.

I would NOT be hard for UCCNC to add in teh file reference column to teh current Gcode Editor. Then add in some improvement functions to boot.

You can also edit macros there as well. Been there done that testing.

Maybe UCCNC will bring teh Editor outside of UCCNC as a Plugin and provide teh source code then we could add any improvements we liked.

Same with a Macro Editor. Create a model plugin that already has teh compiler/debugger built in then we can take it from there ??

HUM , Just a thought, (;-)TP

Yes I agree, it would be very easy for UCCNC to add a reference column, but I don't think it's likely them doing so or releasing there source code.

I went as far as pic you sent and requested, I will add anything you or anybody suggest that think would make a better Editor. Personally right now UCCNC editor and notepad++ suit my needs, will see what develops.

Dan
Dan911

Postby Vmax549 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:36 pm

OK COOL, First things first. Making it tabbble to make it a Mouse free operation. AND before anyone gets started on OLD school programming when using touch screens you are using old school methods. :o

I see that you did not set tab orders. Not a biggy yet but when you do set them to a logical order have EACH section change text color when selected this makes it evident exactly which section you are in.

In the reference file selection have teh text list auto populate from teh default Gcode folder with an option to change folders. Also setup teh fields to autoselect teh first line. Then you will be able to curser up and down through teh list.

Then make teh selection via Enter_up( ENTER) event along with your double_click event. This allows you to select a file and not have to use a mouse or a finger touch.

Use teh L/R curser buttons to select part of a line to copy,etc. Move tpo start point of copy press Right or Left curser to highlight each charector to high light. Then press {alt}C to copy. The do the same thing to Paste only use {Alt}V to paste.

Also teh best overall size for teh text is 14 or larger.

Another biggy is to offset teh text in teh reference windows at least 1 charector away from teh left side of the window. That give one room to get to teh left side of any text you may wish to modify with a mouse. As is it is sometime tricky to get teh Curser positioned easily.

Additional functions beyond what it is in teh current Editor>>

Add line numbers
Remove line numbers
Remove empty spaces
Add spaces between words and lines
( G0X0Y0Z0 >> G0 X0 Y0 Z0)

G0 X0 Y0 Z0

G1 X10 F100

That should keep you busy for at least an hour :twisted:

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Vmax549 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:07 pm

Had a play with it myself :D
When you tab or click in a view teh text changes color to Blue when you LEAVE teh view it turns back Black.

Just a thought , (;-) TP
Attachments
Gcode_Editor_PRO.jpg
Vmax549

Postby Dan911 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:54 am

Hmmm.. Why PM/email me to do this for you if were just going to do yourself?? :? UCCNC editor works well for me!

Long work day to tired to continue, absolutely no testing and not complete.

GcodeEditor.JPG

Terry2.zip
(7.07 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Dan911

Postby Vmax549 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:52 am

Mine is a simple skeleton version. The main parts are not functional. The file manipulations and tabbing work. Mine example was just to test teh concept and key functions.

Your's would be a full working version. ;)

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Vmax549 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:20 pm

HI Dan , NICE job. Just a few suggestions. The far right column is where teh editing would take place. The center column would be teh reference file. The reference file is simply a copy of teh reference file with no added features such as line numbers,etc.

The starting tab order would be teh far left column as 0 teh center column as 1 and teh right column as 2. AND when focus is set to each column teh TEXT would change to Blue. When tabbing thought the other elements ( buttons,fields,etc) teh element background would change to light Yellow. That way their is no mistake as to where you are at any time.

One other set of buttons would be to Add_Remove Lnums such as 2>,3>,etc before the file is saved_loaded.

Excellent Work , (;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Dan911 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:59 pm

Thanks Terry, there's really not much to it, the hard part is getting a good work flow like you pointed out. I have all working well and what I do like most is the coping/pasting seems to work easier than the UCCNC editor. I will add in your suggestions tonight and should send. Big project at work been taking from my desk/play time. :(
Dan911

Previous

Return to UCCNC TOOL BOX