Gcode Veiwer

Here is where you can drop off Examples of WORKING macros,plugins,Gcode programs , macro Wizards etc.
Please give a brief description of what it is and how it works.

Gcode Veiwer

Postby Vmax549 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:59 pm

I am working on a Gcode Veiwer that can be used in conjunction with teh Gcode editor in UCCNC. You can pull up teh Gcode editor and then pull up teh Gcode veiwer beside the Editor. This allows you to see references to your Gcode or other Gcode that may help you to create Gcode files.

The left column is teh Gcode files in your Gcode folder. Once selected it loads teh Gcode into teh right column. Line number are created to reference what you see in teh editor.

This is not completely finished at this time so there is no code to share. Also it HAS to run as a plugin so there will be no actual code to share.

So what do you think?? Would it be usefull ??

Just a thought, (;-) TP
Attachments
GcodeEditor_GcodeVeiwer.jpg
Vmax549

Re: Gcode Veiwer

Postby Dan911 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:14 pm

Hi Terry,
Sorry for not responding to PM yet but it's just not clicking to me any advantage to this, I'm assuming I'm just probably overlooking it. Same with serial/network communication, could you please give an example how it would be used? I know your very resourceful in cnc needs but just not seeing here.

Dan
Dan911

Postby Vmax549 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:25 am

HI Dan it is not for everyone but those that do hand programing it can be an asset. There are times when writing code that I need to referrence another Gcode program to see HOW I programed a certain feature or sequence. By being able to SEE how I did it in teh Gcode veiwer I can use it as a reference to be able to program in teh Gcode editor what I need.

Like I said not for everyone. CAMers will think it silly ;)

The send/recieve serial and network is very handy talking to other devices. Not everything speaks Modbus :shock: A lot of teh older devices spoke RS232 and newer stuff speaks TCIP.
For an example simply talking to a simple 4x20 LCD display you send it serial data . A lot of teh older PLCs talked serial and teh newest talk over networks.

I worked hard LOBBYING to get Modbus in UCCNC. Probably drove Balazs half crazy. This part can be done by us.

Just trying to get ahead of teh feature curve for UCCNC.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Dan911 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:07 am

Hmmm, why not just make it a G-code editor than? I did read somewhere you remarking of limitations in UCCNC editor. Why the need to run along side ? 1 listbox/richtextbox with loaded UCCNC G-code file and another with open file all in 1 window. Copy and paste from each other. Save to file reload in UCCNC.

Dan
Dan911

Postby Robertspark » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:19 am

Notepad++ allows you to have files displayed side by side
Rob
Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself”
...working my way through the 1000+ ways things don't work to find the one that does
UC400eth, UC300eth, UCCNC v1.2106, Neuron Lite
UCCNC v1.2105 Macro Manual
Robertspark

Postby Vmax549 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:09 pm

Hopefully one day UCCNC will have a split screen Gcode editor and a Full blown Macro editor with all teh bells and whistles. Until then I just build bits and pieces and test IF functions can be actually done in UCCNC. With all teh examples working then users can pick and choose what they may want in UCCNC. Then UCCNC can pick what they want in UCCNC.

It is just a fun game to see WHAT can auctully be done it UCCNC. Stretching its wings so to say. Pulling hard on teh rubber band to see where it may break.

Hi Dan there ARE some interesting Gcodes editor out there ;) Some with toolpath displays.

BUT a macro editor is needed a LOT more than a Gcode editor. IF I knew how to deal with teh compiler I might give it a shot. Split screen and cut and paste. Don't need that popup thingy showing commands that ALWAYS pops up where I need to type. IF you called it typing. :oops:

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Dan911 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:37 pm

Hi Terry,
I added a window for loaded Gcode in UCCNC so not have to deal with both open. Is this what you were asking me for? Just needs some editing bells and whistles but almost 3 hours of coding for fun is enough
for1 day.

This will add a folder to UCCNC "GcodeEditor" and this is where the plugin will look for files and save them. When you first try this folder will be empty so when you press the "Gcode Folder File" button nothing will happen until you populate it with Gcode files. It will only find .txt and .tap files. You need to have a Gcode file loaded in UCCNC or the button press will do nothing. When saved that file will be loaded in UCCNC.

Make a button or hotkey #7777

GcodeEditor.JPG

Terry.zip
(5.24 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Dan911

Postby Vmax549 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi Dan . It does not seem to want to startup. I tried Button 7777 and a hotkey 7777.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Dan911 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:45 pm

Hey Terry, Needs Net 4 versions, 05 or 06, don't know why I did that, I just started to play and get involved. Per instructions if G-code file not loaded in UCCNC button press will do nothing. Created in and tested on 8.1 64 and just tested on XP 32 and no problems on this end.

Dan
Dan911

Postby Vmax549 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:46 am

OK I got it working here. You are off to a good start ;) . Are you thinking of completing it ?? Or just having fun.

I would NOT be hard for UCCNC to add in teh file reference column to teh current Gcode Editor. Then add in some improvement functions to boot.

You can also edit macros there as well. Been there done that testing.

Maybe UCCNC will bring teh Editor outside of UCCNC as a Plugin and provide teh source code then we could add any improvements we liked.

Same with a Macro Editor. Create a model plugin that already has teh compiler/debugger built in then we can take it from there ??

HUM , Just a thought, (;-)TP
Vmax549

Next

Return to UCCNC TOOL BOX