Verify Function

Here is where you can drop off Examples of WORKING macros,plugins,Gcode programs , macro Wizards etc.
Please give a brief description of what it is and how it works.

Re: Verify Function

Postby dezsoe » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:05 am

See this post. :) This was the test macro for the #VB option. The two macros do exactly the same, but M20910 is written in C#, M20912 is in VB.

My version checks all the axes that are in the homing sequence and have Home input pin. You don't have to care about the home offset. The results are pinted in units and steps. You don't need to home the axes before running, so you can even check how much your machine moves when powered off.
dezsoe

Postby AvB » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:28 pm

This is great, thanks - I'm looking forward to trying it. I seem to have had a couple of times when my machine (with servos) has lost its position. It's probably my error but it will be good to verify the home references if it happens again.

Only thing is I've never run a macro before, but I assume the manual will tell me how to do that?

thanks, Andrew
AvB

Postby ger21 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:44 pm

Just type M925 in the MDI.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby AvB » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:34 am

Aha, thanks
AvB

Postby AvB » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:34 am

I've used the M925 and it runs, but it seems to be acting just like the homing function. What I mean is that the machine coords are all going back to 0.0000. I would have thought that it would always show a minor error. I am using Gerry's 2017 screenset - could that be a problem?

I do have a need for this right now as I am worried that something is causing my system to lose its Y position, or to home Y erratically. I've had 4 different jobs where there's been a Y stuffup and since I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed I kept thinking I must be making a mistake, but I have been really careful this time and after my long roughing cut, the Y position was about 2mm out. I'm really confused because when I rehome it, it's still out.
AvB

Postby AvB » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:06 am

Hmm, just visually, watching the scrolling numbers, I can see the machine coords for Y going way too far past zero when it homes. X and Z might scroll back to -0.4 then return to zero, but by repeated testing I have found that after fast jogging, the Y loses position. I'll post a separate thread about this.
AvB

Postby AvB » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:19 pm

That's great, it works well - and confirms the problems I'm having with loss of position.
AvB

Postby johu » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:34 am

Where can I find M925?
Or did you use one of the macros from here and changed the filename to M925?

I did download M20910.txt but got a softlimit reached warning after the first axis was homed.
My Homing sequence is: Z, Y, X.
My homing switches are the same as my limit switches.

The macro M20910 does works when the softlimits are disabled, but I think that is not a good setting for long term use.
johu

Postby dezsoe » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:52 pm

Yes, this version does not turn off soft limits, you have to do it yourself. After testing you have to turn it back on.
dezsoe

Return to UCCNC TOOL BOX