Get line of gcode which is currently executed

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Get line of gcode which is currently executed

Postby coon » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:20 pm

Hey,
Is there a field which contains the line of gcode which is currently executed? If not, the "ACTUAL LINE" field should also work for me. I could then open the gcode file by myself and look it up there.

My Problem is, that I don't know the field numbers for both. Can anybody help me with that?
coon

Re: Get line of gcode which is currently executed

Postby Dan911 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:20 pm

Actual line field # is 866.

This is in the documentation folder, I quicker way to find a field number is go in screen edit and click on it.
Dan911

Postby Robertspark » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:25 pm

There is a manual \/\/\/\/\/
Robertspark

Postby coon » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:35 pm

Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for. I am now using the Textfieldclick_event() handler to find out any field id.
coon

Postby coon » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:38 pm

Robertspark wrote:There is a manual \/\/\/\/\/

I know but the manual just says: "Since Visual Studio has intellisense the available function calls to the UCCNC can be easily explored and accessed via the plugin interface dynamic library."
coon

Postby coon » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:42 pm

btw: what does isAS3 boolean mean in UC.getField() ?
coon

Postby Robertspark » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:03 am

AS3 is the screenset object class, uccnc methods (functions in c or VB??) Are either from the exec class or the AS3 class.

If working with screenset AS3 methods via a plugin you need to define the AS3 Boolean variable as true in order for it to be used.

This is explained a bit better than I can if you read the detailed macro explanation html file which is located within the uccnc\documentation folder of the installation.

If using an AS3 method (function) such as getfield, led, button etc there does need to be an object on your screenset for it to work or getfield(7000) (or setfield) if there is no 7000 field object on the screen will get nothing

Before charging in with a plugin I'd suggest writing a few macros as they may be easier to debug and the essentials of the code but that moves the machine will be the same (or compares screenset objects etc)
Robertspark

Return to Plugins