Probing, Touch Plate, Edge finding, angular correction

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Probing, Touch Plate, Edge finding, angular correction

Postby trendsetter » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:03 pm

Hi all,
I am Michael, based in Germany, just starting with a UC300 and UCCNC.
Up to now I used the Estlcam software for my CNC. Estlcam and Ardunio are easy to use, running well in most cased but has the limitation of just 3 Axis and a non perfect g-code interpreter.
Therefore I decided to upgrade to UCCNC where I just built up the hardware, which is at the moment not connected to the CNC machine. Anyhow I miss some featured in UCCNC, which are available in Estlcam and very comfortable: Zeroing, touching and edge finding of the workpiece.
A) Automatically Edge finding with touch plate & angular correction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhZdbgM6S70
B) Touching of edges and corners, and circles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT_9LtDPnKw
C) Surface touching (shuld be available as plug in.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApBfHW7AhsM
All the things are running very smooth and are used every time to zero the workpiece.
Are these features are also available within UCCNC? Which plug ins you can recommend? (I am no programmer…)
Thanks for helping here.
Best regards,
Michael
trendsetter

Re: Probing, Touch Plate, Edge finding, angular correction

Postby cncdrive » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:49 pm

Hi,

Currently there is no screenset based advanced probing functionality built into the UCCNC at the moment, however probing is a built in function of the UCCNC on all 6-axis and so it is possible to write macros or plugins to do advanced probing routines.

I advice you to take a look at Josef's (A_Camera) probing screenset mod. You could install it as described in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=538&p=5657#p5657
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:21 pm

My 2017 screenset has several probing options, in addition to automatic tool zeroing during toolchanges. No angular correction, though, as UCCNC didn't have G68 rotation when I created the screen.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Robertspark » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:25 pm

Is g31 still only one axis probing and not combined 2 axis motion?

I haven't missed an update have I?
Robertspark

Postby cncdrive » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:13 am

Sorry Gerry for forgetting about that. So, yes the 2017 screenset also has some nice probing features.

Angular correction is also possible with the UCCNC, because it now has the G68 rotation code implemented, so you can freely rotate the coordinate system around a programmed point on the XY plane with a set angle. However there is no built in screenset function or plugin which would do that automatically. You have to do it manually (measuring and executing a G68 with the proper parameter values) or you can write a macro or plugin to do it the way you want the rotation to happen.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby trendsetter » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:24 pm

Dear all,
thanks for your answers. In general am quite surprised, that UCCNC doesn´t have advances probing features, since the problems described are pretty much the same for everyone. Is every workpiece always proper aligned?
Gerry, I thought about your screen set, really nice, but besides the missing probe capability, there are also just 4 Axis supported.
Maybe the videos can be some inspiration for someone. Maybe I get in touch with Josef, whether we want´s to upgrade his probe screen.
Best regards,
Michael
trendsetter

Postby cncdrive » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:31 pm

Dear Michael,

The G31 code is what you need to make probing.
What is not in the UCCNC is that it does not have buttons with scripts which do different probing routines.
You can write your own probing macros and can attach them to buttons yourself which is relatively simple to do, because the UCCNC is highly configurable.

You do not need to get in touch with Josef to install his probing functions, the screenset modification files are all public on the linked forum thread. You just have to follow the instructions which Josef wrote to have those probing buttons and scripts installed into the UCCNC.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby 1JUMPER10 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:28 am

trendsetter wrote:Dear all,
thanks for your answers. In general am quite surprised, that UCCNC doesn´t have advances probing features, since the problems described are pretty much the same for everyone. Is every workpiece always proper aligned?
Gerry, I thought about your screen set, really nice, but besides the missing probe capability, there are also just 4 Axis supported.
Maybe the videos can be some inspiration for someone. Maybe I get in touch with Josef, whether we want´s to upgrade his probe screen.
Best regards,
Michael

Gerry's 2017 screenset has several probing routines. Its one of its best features.
1JUMPER10

Postby A_Camera » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:22 am

trendsetter wrote:Maybe I get in touch with Josef, whether we want´s to upgrade his probe screen.

Basically I agree with you, the probing functions should be part of UCCNC, but currently it is not.
Just visit my blog and follow the instructions. Download and usage i free. There is also a pdf user guide which you should read before use to avoid disasters and future problems.

https://adapting-camera.blogspot.se/2017/10/my-uccnc-probe-screen-version-3_7.html

I think it is easy to install and as far as I know, bugfree. I have used the same macros for quite some time and many people have downloaded and using it.
A_Camera

Postby Robertspark » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:52 am

It would be nice that they were included.

However, probing (g31 / aka block skip) routines are a relatively new concept being inbuilt macro and routines.

In the past the routines were (and still are) provided by the probe manufacturers.... Have a look at reinshaw

Reinshaw provide routines for fanuc, haas and others.

In mach3 they were I believe developed by others ( not NFS), ok in mach4 they have been included.

Linuxcnc I think they are developed by users and part of the screenshot options (axis gmoccopy? Etc)...

What about edding CNC or planet CNC?

Personally I'd prefer cncdrive to dedicate their time to providing additional functionality (g41, g42, g93, g95, g96, g31 combined axis probing, code view optional number of lines, tool path lock view, g18/g19 startup select, lathe / turn) and not screensets and macros. .... I / we can write and develop those as a user community in the knowledge that the stuff under the hood / bonnet works well, fast is being progressively developed and bugs sorted ASAP and good assistance / guidance provided via the forum

The problem with them taking something on board is it will take away development time and also require them to provide support time when queries arrive
Robertspark

Return to Plugins