MODBUSEZ Plugin

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: MODBUSEZ Plugin

Postby alex_s » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:54 pm

meh can't get a 485 connection to the new inverter old works fine ;/, will move it to office so i can propper test it, when i get a connection i'll try the plugin asap
alex_s

Postby Dan911 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:10 pm

alex_s wrote:meh can't get a 485 connection to the new inverter old works fine ;/, will move it to office so i can propper test it, when i get a connection i'll try the plugin asap

Since you know the RS485 works that's a big help and should just be a matter of sorting out the proper settings in VFD, from what I read in manual you posted there's quite a few of them that can effect communication.

Good luck.
Dan
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:57 pm

Battwell wrote:these settings work with ecogoo9100 to set frequency only
i still cant work out how to get it to run- as nothing in the manual! ive spent way too long on it!

frequency source parameter p0.01 must be left at use keypad (0) not communication settings (7)

The attachment dan911-plugin-ecogoo 9100.jpg is no longer available

Since your able to communicate with The "RPM Only" setting that's a sure sign that it use's the Modbus protocol. The RPM Only setting in ModbusEZ sends a Modbus function code(6) holding register. To try and determine the correct register for on/off without help/info from the manufacturer would be nearly impossible. They shouldn't be advertising Modbus as a feature if they don't supply this info IMO.

I see from your pic you posted you are using a older version of ModbusEZ. When I first written this plugin it was a lot of copy/paste from the HYplugin than edited, probably why so many different versions. Fixes as I went.

I rewritten this plugin from the ground up, fortunately this time I had two local buddies with different VFD's (Hitachi, Delta) testing and didn't have to wait for anyone to download and report a problem. They been using daily for over a week so I just sent them the final version with the read implemented back in so want to give them at least week of use/testing before uploading on Zone.

I strongly suggest you switch versions since I was a lot more knowledgably with C# and Modbus this second time around.

Battwel.JPG

Following what you posted you will need to checkbox for frequency resolution 0.01HZ. I left the "Amp Display Setup" header since IMO is the only useful register worth reading, but can be used to read any holding register.

Battwel.zip
(12.85 KiB) Downloaded 885 times
Dan911

Postby Battwell » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:55 pm

the only thing i found with the version i used was it crashed uccnc if the vfd was turned off .

i read my newer hy manual today- for the 7.5t drive- its very similar to the ecogoo ! lol
but does have more info re registers etc. (in part the wording is identical !)
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby Dan911 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:27 pm

Useing the Battwell Zip I uploaded in previous post will eliminate any issues.

Looking at the manual for the 9600 Ecogoo seems to have a bit more info, I wouldn't think it would be much different than the 9100. It has a page of different monitoring registers.

I also found this, star on write means it's writeable.
9600.JPG

The link to there site for manual.
https://pan.baidu.com/s/1jHPrTfo
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Modbus output holding registers are from 40001-49999

A708 hex = 42760

When you have time try A708 for you on/off register and 0001 for CWon............ and 0006 for Stop
Single Holding Register checked

Think that should work.

Dan
Dan911

Postby Battwell » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:01 pm

yes- your new plugin 15 stops the crash when vfd is powered off.

ecogoo will not allow any address higher than 275... so its all in that range somewhere!
just comparing like for like with the manuals to hy gt series (supposed to be standard modbus on these unlike earlier models)
looks like they have just swapped some of the section menu numbers around- but everything else in each menu is in the same order- so its obviously a copy of these!
the new hy uses decimal addresses too. - maybe thats why ecogoo cant answer modbus questions lol

i have not tried the hy gt series on modbus yet- but i will now i understand a bit more about it
Battwell

Postby Battwell » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:35 pm

disregard what i said about higher addrersses- i hadnt switched run back to comunication mode!

appears to be exact same address for run as hy gt series . 1000h = 4096Decimal . i set this to 1 it runs , 5 it stops 7 resets fault

at freaking last im getting somewhere!!!
Battwell

Postby Dan911 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:59 pm

Battwell wrote:disregard what i said about higher addrersses- i hadnt switched run back to comunication mode!

appears to be exact same address for run as hy gt series . 1000h = 4096Decimal . i set this to 1 it runs , 5 it stops 7 resets fault

at freaking last im getting somewhere!!!

2- CCW ?
6 -deceleration Stop?
Dan911

Postby Battwell » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:52 pm

5 stop
2 ccw
1 fwd
7 reset fault.

amp readout 3002H 12290 Decimal ( different to hy. i read in the row of 16 and matched it to vfd current reading ) :-)

all read in and tested using the standard uccnc modbus interface

and the most important for me with atc spindle- running status. 1001h 4097 decimal . readback 1h =running fwd, 2h= running reverse, 3h= standby, 4h=fault, 5h= poff
Battwell

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins