MODBUSEZ Plugin

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: MODBUSEZ Plugin

Postby alex_s » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:18 pm

ahhh, then i either use the spindle with the plugin or my software ;) it's a quick switch anyway.

works perfectly now, thanks a lot.
alex_s

Postby Dan911 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:25 pm

Hi All,
I did post what I expect to be the final version with updated manual on Zone. There were some minor changes in tested versions that can be found in this thread.

Post #110
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/uccnc-con ... nc-10.html
Dan911

Postby dammogreen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:57 pm

It took me a while but here is a setup that may help others:
VFD BRAND: LSIS
Model : LSLV-C100
User Manual: http://www.wolfautomation.com/media/pdf ... manual.pdf

tips:
1) Do all your test with the "MODBUS Master" plugin NOT "MODBUS EZ"..it's MUCH faster to do trial and error with because you don't have to restart software every time a parameter is changed.
When confident then try your settings in ModbusEZ...
2) what the manual shows for the registers : 0x005 frequency reference addr (No!) , 0x006 "run address" (No!)

THE actual DECREMENTED register address values that the Modbus communication must use: 0x004 frequency reference addr (YES!) , 0x005 run address (YES!)

No where, in the manual, could i find mention of decrementing the address, discovered strange behavior when testing with the "Modbus Master" plugin and some intuitive googling.

From the manual configuring the inverter via the keypad to use Modbus like this:

lsis modbus cinfig.png

Screenshot of ModbusEZ that worked for me:
(Note that the Amp/current register address is also decremented from 0x009 to 0x008 ! )
IMG_20180213_123011.jpg
dammogreen

Postby cncdrive » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:31 pm

Thank you for sharing with others.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby dammogreen » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:48 pm

People (like me ) not experienced with Modbus should be aware of the following (I found out the hard way):

-----------------------

IMPORTANT: Register 1 is address 0. Read on…

d) Do the numbers in your documentation refer to the register number or address? Register #1 is address zero. If it is not clear whether your documentation refers to register or address, and if you are not getting the expected result, try plus or minus one for register number...............some manufacturers document their devices showing address, not register numbers. When you have addresses, you must add one when entering that register into configuration software from.........

Source reference : https://www.csimn.com/CSI_pages/Modbus101.html

-----------------------

This is why if you look at my post 2 posts before, you will see that my numbers are one less that the value in the user manual.
dammogreen

Postby Blaise » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:52 pm

Hi all,

I have a HY GT series 7.5 kw and the ModBusEZ V 15.4 installed.
Here is a link to the manual for my VFD : http://www.hy-electrical.com/BF/GT%20series%20manual.PDF

I’ve been reading through this thread and also the thread on CNCZone and most of it is chinees to me!

Is there a place where I can find the various setting I should enter for the VFD and the plugin to make this work?

Thanks for your help!
Blaise

Postby cncdrive » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:00 pm

I think the most useful information is always the VFD's manual.
There could be only one more useful than that if somebody used the same VFD and if they shared the settings they used,
however most VFD devices have things configurable including Modbus parameters, so even if somebody made it work with some settings you may need to adjust,
because it is possible that different submodels contain different factory defaults and it is also possible that the manufacturer changed them by time and it is also possible that there is more than one manufacturer using different factory defaults. So I think that it is always a good idea to check the manual to see the default settings.
But probably Dan could give you some more specific informations and advices if he already encountered to this VFD.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Dan911 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:20 pm

Blaise wrote:Hi all,

I have a HY GT series 7.5 kw and the ModBusEZ V 15.4 installed.
Here is a link to the manual for my VFD : http://www.hy-electrical.com/BF/GT%20series%20manual.PDF

I’ve been reading through this thread and also the thread on CNCZone and most of it is chinees to me!

Is there a place where I can find the various setting I should enter for the VFD and the plugin to make this work?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Blaise,

If you downloaded from the Zone the GT series settings(Thanks Battwell) are in manual that comes in zip. Also reading through this thread there in here also.

Dan
Dan911

Postby Blaise » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:29 pm

Dan,

When I downloaded the plugin v15.4 (post #112 on CNCZone) witch I understand to be the latest version. There was only the plugin in the zip file.

I’ll go back to the CNCZone to look for an older version that is accompanied with instructions.

Have you taught of a github page? It would make it easy for you to share latest version of plugin and manual and have others participate in coding etc...

Just a suggestion!

Thanks!

- Blaise
Blaise

Postby Dan911 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:30 pm

Huanyang GT Series

Huanyang GT Series.JPG
Dan911

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins