MODBUSEZ Plugin

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: MODBUSEZ Plugin

Postby trendsetter » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:35 pm

Dear all,

I changed to a new VFD with vector control to have better force within low RPM RAnge. Basically I changed to the Powtran PI500, which should be similar to the PI9310 series.
I set up the macro and VFD according to the needs, but it seems there is still something wrong.
I can start the spindle and stop it using modbus.
But it seems that the frequency is not converted 1:1 within the Vfd. I adjusted as good as possible the Max freqency within the plugin, but it still does not match to the frequcy showed in the display of the Vfd. In addition at lower frequency the real frequency is not constant I goes up and down within 2 Seconds.
Very strange.
Are there any tips you can give?
BR
Michael
trendsetter

Re:MODBUSEZ v Plugin

Postby Soler » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:49 am

For anyone with a YL620-A here are the settings that I have got this VFD to work with, The spindle responds to increase /decrease / stop and direction

Changes to the Parameters on the VFD are as follows

p00.00 - Change to 3 - Modus Control
p03.00 - Change to 3 -9600Bps. (I had issues at the default 19200 for the VFD)
P03.01 - Change to 1 - Slave Address

MODBUSEZ - Setup page

Baud Rate - 9600
Stop Bits - One

on/off address: 2000
Freq address: 2001
Spindle On CW: 0092
Spindle on CCW: 00A2
Spindle off: 0081
Check box for multiple registers: Tick

Amp Display Register - 200C

I hope this helps someone as there is not much on the YL620-A
Soler

Postby andrewwong2000 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:01 pm

If anyone has a machine some distance from your computer, I've had success using a very affordable Chinese
Ethernet-RS485 module called:

USR-DR302 Din-Rail Modbus RS485 Serial Port to Ethernet Converter (look it up on EBay about AUD40 delivered)

You install a virtual comport on your PC using their supplied drivers/software - which as a bonus provides a serial port monitor built-in so you can see and capture data.
The USR-DR302 has a web interface to configure the Serial Port settings, and after some trial and error I managed to get it to talk to my Powtran 9100 VFD very nicely
(and UCCNC with the MODBUSEZ plugin).
andrewwong2000

Postby Soler » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:19 pm

Not sure how other people are getting on with this plugin, I got it working successfully but using this on a long cut kept losing communication with spindle. I have since written my own macro loop using the same commands to send the values to the Modbus Master and push this to the VFD. Since then no issues with lost communication with the spindle.
Soler

Postby andyjack38 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:28 am

Hi, I have a GT-7R5G-2 vfd and comm settings are in my manual 19200 bps 8E1 i see in your plugin 9600 bps, which are the good ones
andyjack38

Postby eclsnowman » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:21 pm

Maybe I am just an idiot... but where does one actually download the ModbusEZ plugin? I am struggling. I just bought the AXBB-E and am trying to get my PC setup for when it arrives. I will be honest I am struggling in general to find where to get plugins in general, and some of the cool screensets I have seen.

I tried to download the file from CNCzone as mentioned. But if you create an account for CNCzone it takes you to industryarena.com. I went through the account creation process. But now my login only works for industryarena.com, not CNCzone. But I find the same posy on industryarena.com... but the link for the attached file says "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

I am usually tech savy. But this has me all confused.

Is there a more central repository for download of the handy Macro's, Plugins, Screensets, Etc that the community has created. I am excited to get into this community. But as a newbie I know I have a lot to learn. Thanks for any help and OLD HAND in the community can provide.

Thanks.
eclsnowman

Postby thesleepydog » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:20 am

IMG_5244.JPG
Settings from VFD Manual
trendsetter wrote:Dear all,

I have the following Inverter:
DZB312B003.7L2DK
manual is here:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/82887 ... tml#manual

I am quite clear about setting the control of the VFD to Modbus and I have a standard USB-RS454 adapter.
It seems that there is some communication possible, since the display is changing with Modbusez plugin used with UCCNC but I cannot get the spindle running. The Spindle is still in Stop mode and I don´t have any chance to change it. Any tipps from the expert how to execly configurate the plugin for this Invertere?

Standard Analog digital control works perfectly, but I need more I/O therefore I want to change to modbus.

BR
Michael

Like Michael, I can see the VFD connected, confirmed by checking it for polling in the "Modbus Master" plugin. I can't get MODBUSEZ to communicate with the VFD.

Is anyone able to share their settings if they have got theirs working please?
thesleepydog

Postby thesleepydog » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:18 am

FULING DZB300

2020-11-15 MODBUSEZ_Fuling.png
Screenshot of Settings

I tried changing the input control on this back to keyboard like @battwell did for the ecogoo... but still no spindle movement..

Still scratching my head on this one..
Attachments
2020-11-15 (3).png
Modbus Master Connected OK
DZB300 Input parameters.png
Available Parameters
thesleepydog

Postby Chmexdf5633 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:17 pm

Hello everyone,

To whoever is interested.
After reading through all the forums, I have managed to get my GT-2r2g-2 huanyang to work with the Modbusez V16, not sure if anyone else has or would like this info, and this is what I have. Let me know if it worked or if you have anything to add. Thanks all for all the knowledge you all have shared.

For complete control and Sact rotation speed
Chmexdf5633

Postby Chmexdf5633 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:19 pm

For complete control and frequency on the Sact field.
Chmexdf5633

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins