laser engraving plugin

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

laser engraving plugin

Postby madias » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:11 pm

Hello,
I just bought a simple PWM (diode) laser module for my 3040 CNC connected via a UC100 n(original, activated for UCCNC)
The first tests works, even with PWM , this is my setup: (so 0.0001 to 100). I can get a different power between 1 and 100.
setup.PNG

just fire up a test png, like this:
plugin.PNG

The PWM won*t trigger - equal the number I set in the override (not 0, not 100...) - it stays at this number:
So if I set it to 0 it stays zero the whole process, set it to 100 it burns out a complete square.

So how this plugin handles the laser head? Sadly there is no manual for this not even a video for the settings on youtube.

Thanks
Matthias
Attachments
ucc.PNG
madias

Re: laser engraving plugin

Postby madias » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:35 pm

Ok,
*solved*
all the "manuals" you'll find online: you must connect the PWM pin to the same pin as the Laser Pin. This is completely wrong. You wont use any spindle pin for laser, only M10 qxx codes - even for cutting.
If you use the laser head, you must set ever pin on "PWM spindle" to 0.

Many people - starting with laser heads - fall in to exactly this trap.

It's a really sad, that there is no word in the manual of UCCNC or UC100 about the laser pin. Just two sentences would save a lot of time for following laser head users on UCCNC..

*closed*
madias

Return to Plugins