XBox 360 plugin update

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: XBox 360 plugin update

Postby Robertspark » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:17 pm

SlimDX available in .NET 2.0 and .NET 4.0

.... suspect .NET 2.0 is whats required (as UCCNC is .NET Framework 2.0) [just a guess...]

https://slimdx.org/download.php

If it is .NET 4.0 install the flavour that matches your OS / processor 32/64 bit.
Robertspark

Postby cncdrive » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:30 pm

But DirectX is not installed by default on all Windows versions, at least not all versions of DirectX.
And SlimDX using DirectX graphics, it is a C# wrapper on DirectX.

I know that not all DirectX is installed on all Windows, because the very first versions of the UCCNC was made with DirectX and it required a bulky about 160MBytes of DirectX installation to work.
This was one reason why we quickly switched to OpenGL with the toolpath viewer and later we also switched out the rest of the GUI to OpenGL which was originally Flash.

So, this is why I think it may be a DirectX problem if SlimDX does install or work.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby merrick » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:28 pm

I hope he fixes the keyboard bug soon...thanks.
merrick

Postby eabrust » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:52 am

merrick wrote:I hope he fixes the keyboard bug soon...thanks.

Hi Merrick,

I think I finally fixed the issue with the xbox plugin locking out the keyboard/flyout buttons if the safety is enabled and not activated. Give this version a try.

regards,
Eric Brust
Attachments
XBoxPlugin-CraftyCNC v1.0004 - 9-18-17.zip
Updated XBox control plugin
(62.26 KiB) Downloaded 1004 times
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby Greolt » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:27 am

The following is just info that might help any one else having problems getting this going.

Win7 32 bit, DirectX 11, Microsoft.NET 4.5

Tried SlimDX for .NET 4.0 32bit ........ NO GOOD

Tried SlimDX for .NET 2.0 .......WORKED OK

Need time to set it all up but so far this looks like it will be very useful. Thanks eabrust. :D
Greolt

Postby spumco » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:56 pm

The plugin update fixed the keyboard issue - thanks for the fix.

However, and I don't know if this has anything to do with the plugin, I'm finding that the new version is randomly jumping and/or disconnecting.

1. Once in a while I find when continuous jogging very slowly (creeping up on an edge, for example), the axis will rapid in the same direction a small amount. Maybe a 0.050" jump, even though I haven't moved the stick any further, and then it settles down to the creep speed.

2. It's now disconnecting from time to time. If I am between UCCNC operations and open or switch to another window (switch to Fusion360, for example), when I switch back to UCCNC the step jogging is no longer functional. Joystick (continuous) movements are still functional, but the x/y/z step jogging isn't enabled. Also, when this happens I can press the left step jog pad and if I hold it down at an angle both the X & Y will start moving diagonally - even if 'allow diagonal movement' is disabled.

The random disconnection is new, and the 'jumping' is similar to what I described a while back, but slightly worse and more frequent.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your efforts with this.

-Spumco
spumco

Postby cncdrive » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:38 pm

A joystick disconnection can't be UCCNC core related, because the connection to any joysticks is not handled in the UCCNC core.
How a plugin can do joystick handling is that the plugin has to handle everything to connect and read stuff from joysticks or from any external devices.
And then the plugin can call button codes and other functions of the UCCNC, e.g. jog buttons or function buttons etc.

So, it could be something in the plugin code or with the joystick.
Can you test the same joystick with the built in Xbox360 plugin, just to see if that works ok or not?
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby robertk925 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:01 pm

I just started using this plugin more frequently and see the same "jumping" issue as Spumco. It is especially aggravating when trying to carefully jog the Z axis down, then it jumps and smashes my indicator/tool into the part.

I haven't had any disconnecting issues however.
robertk925

Postby eabrust » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:01 am

Hi Spumco,

Could you also revert to the old plugin and retest, then reload the new? You don't have multiple xbox plugins enabled by any chance?

The difference between this version and the last was a minor change that prevented the plugin from issuing 'axis stop' button presses, to fix the keyboard issue. Nothing else has changed.

Not saying it can't be the plugin, but it should behave no differently than last based on the change that was made.

regards
Eric Brust
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby spumco » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Eric & CNCDrive,

Will do. I'll try the old version as well as the built-in plugin and see what happens. I don't recall having an issue with the built-in plugin other than the lack of functions or customization with Eric's awesome plugin.

While this is a microsoft-branded controller, I'm certainly not ruling out the possiblity that I've got a dodgy controller. Only thing that perhaps indicates its a software thing and not just crappy potentiometers in the thumb stick is that the jumping has happened on all three axis at various times. And it only happens when the thumb sticks are at very low percentages; I've never seen it jump from, say, 40% to 60%. Only when it's creeping as slowly as possible does it randomly jump.

-Spumco
spumco

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins