LightBurn loader 1.0 (new) - New plugin to convert LightBurn

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

LightBurn loader 1.0 (new) - New plugin to convert LightBurn

Postby andre99 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:54 pm

I am very happy to see that Uccnc has released an update for laser users in the latest Uccnc version 1.2114.
Now I am a frequent user of the laser on my machine and am very happy with it but I am very curious how to operate it. Are there already people who know how to control this new Plugin and who would like to help me.

Sincerely
andre99

Re: LightBurn loader 1.0 (new) - New plugin to convert Light

Postby dezsoe » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:04 pm

It's super easy. Just enable the plugin and restart UCCNC. If you show the plugin window then you can set some options:

lightburn.png
lightburn.png (5.84 KiB) Viewed 11702 times

If you tick Auto-convert then the plugin will watch for a fresh loaded file and check the first line. If it starts with "; LightBurn" then it converts the file for UCCNC and saves it besides the original file with "_UCCNC" added to the file name.

The Set minimum power option does what you think: instead of turning off the laser (while moving to new position) it sets a minimum value.

The Scale is the same logic. LightBurn outputs 0..255 to control the laser. You can override this to e.g. 30..200.

The 2 options above can be used together.

With the plugin button number you can assign a button code to show up the plugin window. (You place a button on the screen and set its buttonnumber property to this number.)

Don't forget to save your settings.

You may also choose to start the conversion manually: turn off auto-convert and press Load and convert file.
dezsoe

Postby andre99 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:45 am

Can you maybe post a lightburn file only for me to test it out, lightburn is also new for me.
Further can you post maybe a picture of Uccnc when you used the lightburn plugin and show how it looks like after you load the file into Uccnc . Sorry I'm learning with kind of way.
Thanks so far to help me.
andre99

Postby dezsoe » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:47 am

Here is a post with the files that I used while writing the plugin.

I recorded a screen video. The last file is loaded to show the steps a bit slower.

Also, thank you for your questions: I found a bug in the plugin. (Just one day after the release... :cry:) It cannot start if there is no saved settings in the profile. So I fixed it and uploaded to my server:

LighBurnLoader plugin download

Download, unzip and replace the LightBurnLoader.dll in the UCCNC\Plugins folder. Now it can start up normally.
dezsoe

Postby andre99 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:57 am

What must be the extension of the saved file is that .lrb ??
I want to used to laser photos on to tiles in sticky mode and passtrough.
Is that possible?
Further must i make a choice to with controller in the beginning.
Is that Grbl ore grbl3 ore a nother one ?
andre99

Postby dezsoe » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:13 am

The files that I got for development have this header:

Code: Select all
; LightBurn 0.9.21
; GRBL-M3 (1.1e or earlier) device profile, absolute coords

(I don't use LightBurn, just got some sample g-codes. Also, the OP on the linked thread tested the plugin with more other files.)

The extension makes no sense if the file contains g-code. To engrave photos you should use the LaserEngrave plugin, I think. However, if you have a LightBurn g-code to engrave a photo then this loader plugin should also work.
dezsoe

Postby andre99 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:38 am

I also make perfect photos on wood but the White tile method is differnt i want to use the stucki filter and then its not possible in the Laser plugin.
So i hope i can make a file in lightburn and then load it in lightburn plugin in Uccnc
andre99

Postby andre99 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:45 am

2222.JPG

Here you see i have used a photo of two zebra's but i only get a blue straight lines
i first download your .dll an placed it in the folder you say.
But this problem i don't know what i do wrong

And there is a error in the file look below so i do not get any picture in the top screen as it must be.????
3333.JPG
andre99

Postby MikeC » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:36 pm

andre99 wrote:What must be the extension of the saved file is that .lrb ??
I want to used to laser photos on to tiles in sticky mode and passtrough.
Is that possible?
Further must i make a choice to with controller in the beginning.
Is that Grbl ore grbl3 ore a nother one ?

.lbrn files are Lightburn save files and do not contain any Gcode. To make use of lightburn with UCCNC you have to export GCode

LB.png

I have no experience engraving photos using LB and UCCNC however, you may be better off using UCCNC's inbuilt laser module for this type of laser use.
MikeC

Postby MikeC » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:05 pm

You should also check the S-value max set in LB (Device settings) as it sounds like the pluggin is expecting a range from 0-255 and i'm not sure what the LB default is.
MikeC

Next

Return to Plugins