FeedHoldPlus

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: FeedHoldPlus

Postby Dan911 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:50 am

My Plugin crashed my Machine!!! :shock: :x :oops:

What I learned is using Getcurrgcodelinetext() is NOT the way to go for this, UCCNC position can be 2 to 3 lines ahead on a stop(). The Vectrics generated Gcode had a lot of small G1 segments in arch and I made a FreeHoldPlus stop on 1. Cost me a bit and a piece of Maple but with new results it now seems worth it. With this overhaul instead of fighting with UCCNC to do what I wanted it to do now works with what it's gonna do and resulted in a better plugin in sync with UCCNC. A little more testing and should be ready for Toolbox!

Button # 12345

FeedHoldPlus2.zip
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:46 pm

Dan911 wrote:My Plugin crashed my Machine!!! :shock: :x :oops:

What I learned is using Getcurrgcodelinetext() is NOT the way to go for this, UCCNC position can be 2 to 3 lines ahead on a stop(). The Vectrics generated Gcode had a lot of small G1 segments in arch and I made a FreeHoldPlus stop on 1. Cost me a bit and a piece of Maple but with new results it now seems worth it. With this overhaul instead of fighting with UCCNC to do what I wanted it to do now works with what it's gonna do and resulted in a better plugin in sync with UCCNC. A little more testing and should be ready for Toolbox!

Button # 12345

FeedHoldPlus2.zip

FeedHoldPlus2.zip
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:30 pm

Hello all, sorry about the multiple versions but being my only tester sometimes things get missed. I'm fairly confident I'm there with bug removal, a least from any serious ones.

I added a option to enable/disable spindle and coolant off on button press, this way it can respond the same as a freehold press
but still have the option of moving axis where you like than return to Gcode program when ready.

The instructions are the same, put plugin in plugin folder and check enable, change your freehold button number to 12345

To use:

Press "Freehold" button to stop with Gcode running, and press "Cycle Start" to continue with Gcode. A initial movement window will appear on cycle start press with available options.

Unfortunately this will only work with Net.4 test versions.

FHP3.JPG

FeedHoldPlus.zip
(10.96 KiB) Downloaded 711 times
Dan911

Previous

Return to Plugins