Plugin Documentation

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: Plugin Documentation

Postby Robertspark » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:00 pm

cncdrive wrote:Yes, but the most important is to become familiar with the programming language. If you are familiar with that then it is simple to understand the UCCNC part of programming.

Yes it guess u are right....
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:33 pm

Anybody recommend any other books? (C#)
Robertspark

Postby beefy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:32 pm

There's heaps of free learning resources on the web. A Google search should bring up many.

Then there's lots of Youtube videos on C#.

I had already been programming a microcontroller in C, so C# simply seemed to add the object oriented part onto that. I think in the beginning, when you just need to write basic macros, you want to make sure any learning resources are not pulling you into the object oriented side of things. Maybe even studying basic C first will be enough. Thoughts ???

Udemy has paid courses on C#. I believe you can download some free videos from a course to get an idea if you'd be comfortable with the tutor.

Then you have lots of C# forums, including the "hardcore" Stack Exchange".

It's really just a case of put your fingers to the keyboard and start the learning process. Yeah, it's time and effort but it feels good once you have the knowledge.

Nearly forgot. Also go through all the threads/posts on Cnczone and this forum, that chat about macros/plugins and screenset writing (uses C# code too).

Keith.
beefy

Postby cncdrive » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:02 pm

Writting macros in the UCCNC is the same as if you programming in C# inside a class inside a function, because it is how it is built and compiled into the UCCNC by the codedom compiler.
In other words a macro is a C# class with a C# function inside it and when you writting the macro into a macro file that text is copied into this class and function and then the whole thing is compiled and the function of the class is called to run.
So, in addition to knowing how to program in C# you have to read the documentation of the macro programming, learn the functions of the exec (Executer) and AS3 (Screen) objects and the #Events which is compiled as global (outside the function, but inside the class) and if you learn these then you can program exactly the same way as if you were programming anything else in C#.
The syntax is exactly the same as in Visual Studio, because it is the same compiler what compiles the macros.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby asuratman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:15 am

What questions do you have and i will try to help
It is probably the same questions all new starters have.... So it may give me an idea what to put in a starters user guide

I think I should start to learn first, too many question ...
asuratman

Previous

Return to Plugins