Handle many network interface

Here is where you can request new features or special features.

Handle many network interface

Postby sebmay » Sat May 13, 2017 2:07 pm

Hello,

I may have many ethernet interfaces in my PC. For example one is connected to the LAN of the company, another one is dedicated to the communication with my UC300ETH.

I do not want to start a MOP, and depends on the quality of the company's routers, switches. I do not want to miss my MOP because somebody, somewhere, disconnected a switch.
I may not have TWO RJ45 in my office.

Now, in case of two interfaces (one wifi, one RJ45), when i start UCCNC and there is a firmware update, one frame over two is lost : the firmware is incorrectly written in the UC300-ETH. I had to de-activate the wifi.

In the function trying to write a piece of firmware to the UC300, no interface is specified, and because they are two interfaces, Windows select alternatively one and the other. All frames send by WIFI is lost.
Sure, i may increase the weight of the wifi interface, or add a specific route. But, i am not even sure it could work, because i suppose UDP is used, or a specific protocol used. And i doubt all UCCNC users are confident with such disposition.

To do the test : One RJ45 interface, one wifi, the UC300 connected to a switch, that switch is also connected to the company LAN. The wifi is connected to the same network.

At the end, i would connect one RJ45 to the LAN, another straight directly and exclusively connected to the UC300ETH direct with a cable.

Whatever happens in the LAN does not influence in any way UCCNC relationship with the UC300ETH

Cordially,
Sebastien
sebmay

Re: Handle many network interface

Postby A_Camera » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:29 pm

sebmay wrote:Hello,

I may have many ethernet interfaces in my PC. For example one is connected to the LAN of the company, another one is dedicated to the communication with my UC300ETH.

I do not want to start a MOP, and depends on the quality of the company's routers, switches. I do not want to miss my MOP because somebody, somewhere, disconnected a switch.
I may not have TWO RJ45 in my office.

Now, in case of two interfaces (one wifi, one RJ45), when i start UCCNC and there is a firmware update, one frame over two is lost : the firmware is incorrectly written in the UC300-ETH. I had to de-activate the wifi.

In the function trying to write a piece of firmware to the UC300, no interface is specified, and because they are two interfaces, Windows select alternatively one and the other. All frames send by WIFI is lost.
Sure, i may increase the weight of the wifi interface, or add a specific route. But, i am not even sure it could work, because i suppose UDP is used, or a specific protocol used. And i doubt all UCCNC users are confident with such disposition.

To do the test : One RJ45 interface, one wifi, the UC300 connected to a switch, that switch is also connected to the company LAN. The wifi is connected to the same network.

At the end, i would connect one RJ45 to the LAN, another straight directly and exclusively connected to the UC300ETH direct with a cable.

Whatever happens in the LAN does not influence in any way UCCNC relationship with the UC300ETH

Cordially,
Sebastien

Not sure I understand exactly what you are asking for or what problem you describe... I have the UC300ETH connected to a switch, my PC is connected to the same switch and that switch is connected to a router with both wired and wireless connections. In my PC I have a wired LAN RJ45 connection and a WIFI. That WIFI connects to the router. I have so far not seen any problem with this configuration.
A_Camera

Return to Feature Request