Extra E-Stop inputs, 50% duty output

Here is where you can request new features or special features.

Extra E-Stop inputs, 50% duty output

Postby MRob » Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:56 am

OK first thanks for the great products! UCCNC is awesome, couple of little suggestions that I would find helpful, not sure if anyone else would but hey:

- One or two extra e-stop inputs - helpful to be able to separate driver alarm outputs from e-stop buttons, e.g. when running at different voltages etc.
- A bit more obscure and not something you're likely to consider, but an option to switch output from the current setup of minimum pulse length as per kernel frequency, to a 50% duty cycle. Use case is so that all drivers don't have to run at the speed of the slowest one - for me, I have some slow steppers, and some higher speed servos I would prefer to run faster. I recognise the inherent danger of the pulse length dropping below minimum allowed input for a driver, and it suddenly not working, which I guess is why this is not allowed. As it is I am going to implement a workaround to use 400khz kernel and then circuits on the steppers inputs to lengthen pulses.

Aside, I saw you said you are working on new hardware - I dont suppose there is any chance of standalone boards in the future, so you could run UCCNC via a web interface like with Duet? I've never been a fan of relying on the windows environment, but I get that would be a massive project...
MRob

Re: Extra E-Stop inputs, 50% duty output

Postby ger21 » Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:28 am

Try the Fault Signals plugin.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Re: Extra E-Stop inputs, 50% duty output

Postby MRob » Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:53 am

Thanks Gerry, that works, I didnt think to check plugins.
MRob

Return to Feature Request