Cutter Radius Compensation ( G40 , G41 , G42 )

Here is where you can request new features or special features.

Cutter Radius Compensation ( G40 , G41 , G42 )

Postby Robertspark » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:01 am

G40 cancel cutter radius compensation
G41 start cutter radius compensation left
G42 start cutter radius compensation right

bit of detail in here: http://www.precisebits.com/PDF/RS274NGC_3%20(1).pdf

will help with wizards and macros.
Robertspark

Re: Cutter Radius Compensation ( G40 , G41 , G42 )

Postby ger21 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:47 pm

Robertspark wrote:
will help with wizards and macros.

And everything else. I use cutter compensation for almost everything I do.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Robertspark » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:15 pm

I was having a look at the tool table last night via the screen editor, could it not be a multi array?

Hence the various values could be obtained from the index?
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:18 pm

The tool table could then be milling, drilling turning and plasma tools all via multidimensional array.... easy to keep track of the stored values....
Robertspark

Postby ger21 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:21 pm

For router users, diameter is all that's really needed for comp.
But I guess if they're going to add it, make everyone happy.
Gerry
ger21

Postby Robertspark » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:30 pm

At the moment they are stored as individual values, because I had a look at extending the present tool table to hold the other values for plasma (voltage, feedrate, pierce delay), but realised unless they were a multidimensional array, keeping track of the vales would be a pain in the rear

Kerf, pierce and cut height tend to be fixed
Robertspark

Postby ger21 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:23 pm

If UCCNC is going to keep adding features, I think that they should think very hard about moving some things out of the screenset, and into some Windows forms.
Tooltable being #1 on that list.
Some of the general settings that don't typically get changed should also move out of the screenset, imo.
Gerry
ger21

Postby Robertspark » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:55 pm

Aghhh!!! Is that what the problem is?

I posted a question on plugins over in the plugins section about storing settings for a plugin.... may explain the use of streamreader and streamwriter class to store the vales in a separate txt file (may work here, but I'll leave those at uccnc to figure out the best solution across platform going forward

I did think about another plugin to hold the vales but without the tool compensation g codes... there is little point at this time.

For plasma I hold all the tool settings in sheetcam but thought for simple shapes via macro and screen wizard, in a tool table within uccnc would be better.

It would be nice to be able to pull the tool table vales back into macros or screen wizards via a combo box to select the tool and then the other vales can be pulled back into the table
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:42 pm

TP,

Yup, that's why I'd suggest a multi dimensional array sort of arrangement.

Because c# indexes arrays from position zero [0], hence within the [0] row you could list all of the headers, then when you reference the tooltable, you know that position [1] = tool #1, [2] = tool #2, etc....

hence pulling the info back into the wizards should be logical (instead of using read & write key.... or streamreader & streamwriter which would / could be another PIA way..... to be superseded I'm sure by a better arrangement.

The starting point I'd suggest for tooltables is probably to consider your end point : i.e. where are you going to use them, and how are you going to use them for mill (router ;) ) plasma, turn, multihead 3d printer etc.... then consider the easiest way to be able to pull the values out of there and also be able to maybe share those tool tables with other users.

For example, I copied the hypertherm PMX45 tooltable and plonked it within sheetcam for all the uk steelsizes that I was likely to cut.... I've no use for that holding on to that info, hence I'd rather post that info to share with others to save them setting up the same tooltable, I'm sure there are many other things that we all do repetitively that in my altruistic view there is little economic value in withholding

Same thing with tooltables..... thing that gets new users is speeds and feeds..... first cnc milling I did on perspex was ok, adjusted the feedrate & spindle speed and got a good finish..... tried to cut the same part in aluminium 10mm plate..... and it was a little less fogiving on tools if the speed and feed was wrong and by the time I figured out it was wrong I had two tool bits instead of one ;) and there was a few nice onsrud tools that could have been saved by simply having a tooltable that listed the onsrud tool with a feed, speed and dia that I could have imported directly into the tooltable to get me going.....

(another consideration there maybe..... double click on a filetype and import the tool directly into the next poisition in the tooltable? .... that would require a standard tooltable format .... sort of order of info in maybe a CSV type file arrangement?)
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:07 pm

Hahaha..... yeah I do!

I was thinking about copying the one you kindly did for sheetcam and porting it over, but thought that may not be very polite......
Robertspark

Next

Return to Feature Request