Include R word in tapping cycle

Here is where you can request new features or special features.

Include R word in tapping cycle

Postby Derek » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:39 pm

The things you don't think about until you start using something:)

Peck tapping is working great but it starts from the clearance plane. If it recognized the R number like a regular drill cycle it would be great.

Thanks
Derek
Derek

Re: Include R word in tapping cycle

Postby Derek » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:38 pm

Bump
Derek

Postby cncdrive » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:16 pm

Hi Derek,

Sorry, but in the last few days I sank in the deep pit of bureaucracy.
To make a long story short we've ordered a code certificate for the company, so we can sign our softwares including the UCCNC, so antiviruses and firewalls etc. will trust more in the software and the validation process took most of my time in the last few days. Mostly to figure out how the process works and what to do from the bits of informations the certificate issuer provided.
But the good news is that we got the certificate and working on automating the code signing process for the UCCNC deployments. :)

About the R word for the G33.1/2: Should the G98 and G99 control the return level like with the canned cycles?
I mean the start and also the return level, because you know the rigid tapping command is syncronised to the index,
so it is required that the pecks start from the same Z level, so the return level must be equal to the start level otherwise the peck angles will differ which would ruin the tap.

So, the question is if the G98/G99 should influance the starting/return level in any ways?
Or if the tapping should always just start and also end on the R plane if R is programmed and the tapping should work the same it is now if R is not programmed?
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Derek » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:04 pm

Glad to hear you are finally "official" :)

Well I don't know what the standard is for tapping but I always run G99 for drilling because I let my CAM program handle clearing the work and fixtures. As it is with single shot tapping it starts from the clearance plane taps to depth and retracts so it hasn't been much of an issue. Now with pecking if I'm not careful it could take 4 or more pecks just to get to where it starts tapping.

G84 responds to the R word and is basically a drill cycle. Maybe Terry would have a better answer since I only have experience with Mach and UCCNC.

Thanks
Derek
Derek

Return to Feature Request