Additional Work Offsets

Here is where you can request new features or special features.

Additional Work Offsets

Postby Strider13 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:00 pm

Just curious if there are plans to add in additional working offsets beyond G54-G59? I want to put a lot of fixture plates on my CNC router, and the limited number available by default would be constricting.

I know Mach3 and other controllers have the functionality of additional work offsets by using a P word after G59, G54.1, or something similar. As I'm new to UCCNC, I'm not sure If this stuff is all hard coded into the program, or if it could perhaps be added through macros or plugins.

If this functionality is already available I apologize, I just didn't see anything about it online or in the manual.

Any help or guidance would be great!

Thanks,

-Kevin
Strider13

Re: Additional Work Offsets

Postby cncdrive » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:50 pm

We did not think about this yet.
But you know you could code virtual offsets with writting macros and then just offsetting the current work offset or temporary offset in the macro?
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Strider13 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:19 pm

Thanks for the idea. I'll have to play around more with that once I get some time.

Currently I'm working on getting Fusion 360 and Aspire to post process files that will work with UCCNC macros to replicate a lot of the functionality of Mach3 with Gerry's 2010 screenset. Mainly getting things set up to use the semi-automatic tool changer, and being able to probe to find the corner point of stock using a Triple Edge Finder from the Maker's Guide. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get to them, but I'll be sure to post in the appropriate forum as needed.

-Kevin
Strider13

Postby ger21 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:36 pm

In a few months, I should have a UCCNC screenset that's much improved over the 2010.
I probably have several more weeks of graphics work, though, before I even get to macro's.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Derek » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:33 am

Strider13 wrote:Thanks for the idea. I'll have to play around more with that once I get some time.

Currently I'm working on getting Fusion 360 and Aspire to post process files that will work with UCCNC macros to replicate a lot of the functionality of Mach3 with Gerry's 2010 screenset. Mainly getting things set up to use the semi-automatic tool changer, and being able to probe to find the corner point of stock using a Triple Edge Finder from the Maker's Guide. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get to them, but I'll be sure to post in the appropriate forum as needed.

-Kevin

Talk to Terry. He already has a bunch of probing macros he wrote for me that I have been using for months now. Center of hole, center of raised boss center of rectangle. I use them a lot for probing raw castings before I machine them.
Derek

Postby Strider13 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:32 pm

ger21 wrote:In a few months, I should have a UCCNC screenset that's much improved over the 2010.
I probably have several more weeks of graphics work, though, before I even get to macro's.

Gerry,

Can't wait to see what you come up with! Your 2010 Screenset makes Mach 3 super easy to use and cuts out a lot of the unneeded stuff that clutters up the interface. The semi-auto tool change and other macros make running jobs convenient as well.

Derek wrote:Talk to Terry. He already has a bunch of probing macros he wrote for me that I have been using for months now. Center of hole, center of raised boss center of rectangle. I use them a lot for probing raw castings before I machine them.

Derek,

Thanks! I'll reach out to him (Vmax549, correct?) and see what he has. I'm not much of a programmer, but I can read through code easily enough to understand it and can tweak things if needed.
Strider13

Postby TadasM » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:39 am

ger21 wrote:In a few months, I should have a UCCNC screenset that's much improved over the 2010.

Hi Gerry,

I'm huge fan of M3 2010 screenset. Just wondering if you could share an update how the screensset will look like and when we can get hands on it :) Thank You !
TadasM

Postby dammogreen » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:55 pm

My memory tells me I saw that UCCNC could do additional offsets beyond the main six.

But I can't find this in the user manual or with any web search.

Is this available by now ? If not I can do things another way....thanks for any memory jog or even negative verification ;-)
dammogreen

Postby cncdrive » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:35 pm

UCCNC supports the G54 to G59 only, it does not support more work offsets.
You could do temporary offsets though. (G52/G92)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby dammogreen » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:53 pm

Thanks , yep that was my plan B.
dammogreen

Next

Return to Feature Request