Dro change in feedhold

Here is where you can request new features or special features.

Re: Dro change in feedhold

Postby Battwell » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:31 pm

Correct re some machining has already been done- however it's nice to dial it all in before restarting from scratch every time - that just wastes too much time
In Mach I can leave spindle running etc and just set dro to correct depth which will be taken up on next commanded z move
It's just one of the little niceties I miss using uccnc ( ha ha but I won't go back to Mach 3)
Battwell

Postby ger21 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:38 pm

Stop.
Change DRO.
Run From Here.
Gerry
UCCNC 2017 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html
ger21

Postby A_Camera » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:41 pm

Battwell wrote:Correct re some machining has already been done- however it's nice to dial it all in before restarting from scratch every time - that just wastes too much time
In Mach I can leave spindle running etc and just set dro to correct depth which will be taken up on next commanded z move
It's just one of the little niceties I miss using uccnc ( ha ha but I won't go back to Mach 3)

But if you stop motion and the spindle is down and spinning it will surely leave a mark, isn't it? Also, when you detect that something is wrong, don't you have to go back a few (or many) lines before you continue?
A_Camera

Postby Vmax549 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:54 pm

Just a note CYCLE STOP in UCCNC is NOT like STOP in mach3 (;-)

In UCCNC Cycle Stop COULD be classed as another version of Feedhold .

Feedhold = Controlled stop of motion ALL inputs(m3/M8,etc) remain ON

CycleStop = Controlled stop of motion ALL inputs ( M3.M8.etc) are turned OFF.

Just a thought, (;-)TP
Vmax549

Postby Vmax549 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:13 pm

It CAN be done from a MacroLoop. Both teh Z offset changed and Jog Away and Return.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Sword » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:27 am

I've been looking for a bit of information on this and landed here. Coming from a wood working standpoint, whether I do a feedhold or a cycle stop, I would really prefer that the Z axis would raise the tool out of the material. If I'm cutting MDF for example and am using vacuum, the last thing I want with either situation is to leave that bit spinning in the material.

I would like to see the option to raise out of the material to either a set safe Z height in current coordinates or to a specified height in machine coordinates such as just off the upper Z limit switch. This would be my preferred option for both feedhold and cycle stop. Feedhold being something minor needs attention and I can continue whereas cycle stop would be more serious, but not an emergency (like I need to keep an eye on this, but really need to go to the bathroom or something else that may take a bit longer). ;)

Scott
Sword

Previous

Return to Feature Request