Macro for Setup "Homing Speed Down" for X,Y and Z

This is where you talk about Macros, show examples of your macro scripting and SHARE handy segments of script code as examples.

Macro for Setup "Homing Speed Down" for X,Y and Z

Postby cnesan » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:43 pm

Hello everyone,
I have done some tests and I have verified that by lowering the value of the "Homing Speed Down" parameter, the home position is more accurate and also improves the repeatability.

I wrote a macro to set the "Home Speed Down" parameters of the three axes (X Y and Z) before starting a machining.

By checking the field entry manual, the number of fields associated with the HomingSpeed of the three axes are 6, 21 and 36 (X, Y and Z).

I ran the macro. I went to see what he changed and I noticed that he modified the HomingSpeedUp of the three axes to the value I set.

Question: Will it be the same?

Thank you all for reading.
cnesan

Re: Macro for Setup "Homing Speed Down" for X,Y and Z

Postby dezsoe » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:32 pm

By checking the field entry manual, the number of fields associated with the HomingSpeed of the three axes are 6, 21 and 36 (X, Y and Z).

The homing speed down fields are shown as reserved (R*) in the manual. They are 15, 30 and 45 for X, Y and Z. But why do you want to change them from macro? You need to set them up once and normally never change them.
dezsoe

Postby cnesan » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:38 pm

Thank you for your reply.

What you say is correct. Since they are at the beginning, I'm trying to get the most accurate home position.
I have observed, with the command G31, that the lower the F has the same value for the same point.

I wanted to apply the same concept to the Axis Homing. But going slow all the way, I would spend too much time.

I thought about making a Macro doing:
- Homing of the high speed axis.
- Moves the axis of a 'n' mm.
- ReHoming of the low speed axis (definitive)

But seeing the two Homing Down and Up parameters I wanted to understand if the Homing Speed ​​Up parameter can be used as follows:
- Homing Speed ​​Down set at maximum speed (although I will overcome the home limit).
- Homing Speed ​​Up set at low speed (return slowly back until the homing signal is disconnected).

If the zero of the DRO would be applied in the Homing Speed ​​Up return. I would not need the Macro !!!

What do you think about it?
cnesan

Postby cncdrive » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:11 pm

The Reference/home point is registered when the home input disengaged using the homing down speed.
The exact purpose of this is that you can use a high home up speed, so you can reach the home point quickly and the home down speed can be slow, so the registered coordinate will be precise.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cnesan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:44 am

Okay, now the concept is clear.

I did a flying test and it's okay.

Thank you
cnesan

Postby cnesan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:10 pm

I created a macro 20901.
This Macro contains three separate Homing commands on the three axes (X,Y and Z).

This macro is included in the gCode list at the top as the first operation to do.

Load the gCode file and boot with the Start button.

UCCNC starts with the Macro by executing the homing and then stops (there is an exec.Stop () command at the end of the Macro) but does not go to the next statement but stays on the Macro.

If we start the start button again, start the Macro.

Where am I wrong?
cnesan

Postby cnesan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:16 pm

Ok,
I removed the exec.Stop () command at the end of the macro and when the macro is completed, the control goes to the next command of the list.

I wanted to make sure that after running the macro, the machine would stand in wait until the operator pressed the Start button again.

How can it be done?
cnesan

Postby dezsoe » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:50 pm

Use M0 in the next line after your macro.
dezsoe

Postby cnesan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:27 pm

perfect thank you very much
cnesan

Return to Macros