Stop output at Cycle stop

This is where you talk about Macros, show examples of your macro scripting and SHARE handy segments of script code as examples.

Stop output at Cycle stop

Postby Daniel » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:04 am

Hi
I have a problem with stopping an output when pressing the Cycle Stop button. The output is made by a macro M20 .
I tried with "exec.Ismacrostopped();" simple, but also followed by "exec.Clroutpin(5, 16);", when it is simple nothing happens, when it is followed by "exec.Clroutpin(5, 16);", it disables my output completely.
Code: Select all

// Abrasive on
exec.Setoutpin(5, 16);
   exec.Ismacrostopped();

What is the solution to stop an output when pressing Cycle Stop?
Daniel

Re: Stop output at Cycle stop

Postby cncdrive » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:50 pm

You could write a plugin and in the buttonpress event check the calling button code and if it is the Stop button then use the et or Clr outputpin function to change the output pin state as you wish.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Battwell » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:42 pm

or a macroloop :-)
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby Daniel » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:21 am

So in order to stop some outputs when the program stops or when the RESET key is pressed, because they don't stop even then, it implies that I make plugins and macroloops.
Interesting.
The next thing is to tell me that I have to make a whole software.
Why is it possible in Mach3 and in a software that is advertised as being better than Mach3, it is only possible with all kinds of macros and plugins?
It's the first time I use UCCNC and I can't tell you how disappointed I am, because it doesn't do basic things, like keeping the outputs disabled until the software is reset. I have a UC300ETH-5LPT controller and every time UCCNC starts it gives a false pulse on the outputs activating everything for almost 1 sec.. With the same board and Mach4 and Mach3 I never had this problem.
Daniel

Postby cncdrive » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:39 am

Yes, this is because an unconfigured output has no active/inactive state, the inactive state could be low or high and the software has no idea about that, so the software can't just turn an output low, because maybe your output inactive state is high.
No, it is not possible in Mach3 either.
You could use the charge pump circuit to avoid the problem you mentioned.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Battwell » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:35 am

daniel. uccnc is light years ahead of mach3 once you understand the setup.
always start uccnc before allowing high power to your machine.
mine have low power to controller on once machine is plugged in.
high power activated by a relay start button, or you can use the charge pump.
high power brings in the 24v for io voltages, drives and vfd power etc.
my preference is a push button for high power on.
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby Daniel » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:06 am

I used the UC300ETH-5LPT with Mach3 and Mach4 and did not encounter such problems. Now, because the client left me a free hand in choosing the software, I said to use UCCNC because "it's better" than Mach3, and I was wrong.
The problem with starting the outputs when starting the software is the smallest problem, a major problem is that for the buttons you add there is no stopping them when you press the Cycle Stop button, or even worse when you press the RESET button. For those who don't know the Emergency Stop that activates the Reset, that's why it's called the Emergency Button, because it's an emergency and it has to stop everything, and it should be integrated into the software, I shouldn't make macros and plugins to stop a button , and when I say that even the code that should stop that button doesn't, I'm advised to make a macro or a plugin. Another thing I notice is that on the forum there are preferences in helping or guiding UCCNC users, some receive ready-made macros, or at least they are given a code where they can start, others are told to give a variable and do a macro. And like me, there are many who were left with their eyes in the sun.
At the moment, I'm trying to lower the nozzle to a Water Jet in relation to the thickness of the material, but I'd rather beat myself up than get angry with the answers on the forum. It is the first and last time I will use UCCNC to retrofit a machine. Even if it is more expensive from now on I will use Mach4 and Pokeys57cnc.
Daniel

Postby cncdrive » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:36 pm

I think you don't understand.
An e-stop cannot reset an unconfigured output, because it is unconfigured, so the active/inactive state of the output is not defined, therefor the software has no idea if it has to bring the output low or high when in reset.
You could write a plugin or macroloop and control your outputs as you wish.

There is nobody left with their eyes in the sun, you can ask my collegue Dezsoe to write a macroloop for you if you need that.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby CT63 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:37 pm

You can simply configure an output to toggle on or off by going to "Settings"--> "O.Trigger 1-48"--> then selecting an output pin and port. Press "Set" and select 54 (CycleStop), then select active low or high. Press "Apply" and "Save".

In your case it would be Port 1 and pin 14 (or any output pins and ports). Pressing cycle stop or reset will toggle that output on or off. Pressing "Start" will reverse the action. Wire the output to a relay to control whatever you want.

Just to be clear... UCCNC and Mach 4 do not have an "emergency stop" buttons. Both have "cycle stop". An emergency stop CAN NOT be controlled by software and must be hard wired to meet accepted NFPA and IEC safety standards. Its a dangerous practice to use software as an EStop.

Also, the term emergency stop is not a clearly defined function. It could be to disconnect power, coast to stop, controlled fast stop or apply a braking function depending on the application. I use to be a PLC/Drives integrator using Siemen and GE equipment. No place in their documentation will you find the words "Emergency Stop" for liability reasons.

UCCNC has the same functions as Mach 4 just have to know how to setup the software.
CT63

Postby CT63 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:41 pm

Realized I missed a step in my previous post...

Go to: "Settings"-->"I/O Trigger"-->"O.Trig 1-48"--> Enter Pin O14, Port 1-->"Set" select 54 (CycleStop)--> Apply Settings and Save.

Any output pin and port can be used.
CT63

Next

Return to Macros